Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Grymm_of_Astora t1_j9xzsgu wrote

Agreed. I remember when I first started and found out you only move around, I was like this is dumb. And here I am still playing it.

the_spikey t1_j9y4zw0 wrote

I had to uninstall it because it made me contemplate going to work late. Quite addictive.

Cleverbird t1_j9y8ief wrote

They managed to find a way to distill pure dopamine into a game and this is the result.

raziel686 t1_j9ydyz4 wrote

Funny you say that, the guy who started it built slot machine games. He literally took the addictive mechanics of slots and took away the money. It's why you're constantly getting rewards with bigger and better colors and effects.

Mezkezy t1_j9z67wk wrote

The popcorn sound is highly addicting

Evilrybone t1_j9y0vqf wrote

This game will always be a go to from now on for me. Don’t even understand how they made it so damn satisfying to play

nitrobskt t1_j9ybkik wrote

The guy that made it used to design slot machines.

Tony_McBoney OP t1_j9y0x5x wrote

I like to describe it as Boxhead on crack

SignificanceLow3858 t1_j9y8bv0 wrote

I like to describe it as crack on crack. Just bought a new XBox X and the Elite 2 pad and… yes.

nelflyn t1_j9ywvax wrote

It's an absolute power trip. The game lets you both be struggling for survival as well as feel like a god. Many games try to make sure the player isn't too over powered and don't offer options to abuse. This game doesn't do that.

Technical-Ad-6060 t1_j9yc71h wrote

Try 20 minutes till dawn same concept different feel

nelflyn t1_j9ywzyx wrote

Really liked that one, it's a bit more straight forward with combinations and stats, almost like an active RPG version of the genre.

Squishydew t1_j9z9n9x wrote

This game is such crack, goes hand in hand with Holocure for me, which is completely free!

amnesiac2323 t1_j9yet7q wrote

I sold my Xbox and gave up Gamepass, but this is the one game I miss. Need a PS5 version!

EmotionalCanadians t1_j9yh033 wrote

This is on our play later list! Glad to hear it's so good

Sid51 t1_j9yzfjf wrote

Go play Soulstone Survival and Brotato after you "finish" this one.

SXOSXO t1_j9z9ctc wrote

It completely caught me off guard with how satisfying the gameplay loop is.

msdss t1_j9zm692 wrote

I'm stuck trying to unlock red death... I've unlocked everything else afaik.... Does anyone have any tips? I can't even get to both rings without dying.

Sean_Golding3004 t1_j9zmwgt wrote

Do it on the library where you only have to move left and right to get all the items it makes it much easier to do the first time

hashtagtdsp t1_j9zo228 wrote

Or use the Arcana that brings everything to you every two minutes, Infinite Corridor and Crimson Shroud make Red Death a breeze.

Sean_Golding3004 t1_j9zok8d wrote

That does work but I think you need to beat death on the first level to get that one

hashtagtdsp t1_j9zxi7v wrote

You only need to beat Red Death to unlock him (it?) as playable. For all the 'Reach 31mins on xxxx' unlocks you can do it by using Endless Mode and quitting out after 31mins.

msdss t1_ja049wf wrote

What character should I use? And what power ups? I read that you have to get soul eater, and infinite corridor, using the dude with guns or it's near impossible.

Sean_Golding3004 t1_ja06frb wrote

Death spawns in with 600,000 health times by your level so the crimson shroud (evolved laurel) and the infinite corridor (evolved clock lancet) are the only real way to beat it. The character I don’t think matters that much some have better benefits than others but it’s pretty much personal preference. As for power ups I’d choose the 4 that evolve your other weapons and then if you don’t have it to evolve anything the armour I think stacks with the crimson shroud to reduce damage even more, the other good one is the duplicator just to add more attacks to your other weapons

msdss t1_ja15e38 wrote

Jeeezus. So I need to get all 4 secret items, and evolve all of them just to have a chance... Confidence level is very low. Lol

BravoHotelTango t1_ja1l8k0 wrote

Its possible to do it with La Borra, base Laurel, base Clock Lancet. Its abit RNG, and you need to keep your level low.

Bagnorf t1_ja07wa7 wrote

After I played it for the first time I regarded VS as a brand new "classic" game everyone should play.

I consider the genre "Bullet Heaven" as apposed to "Bullet Hell" games, and I couldn't be happier it's spawned so many great games in the same genre.

Check out Rogue:Genesia too, still in EA but is on par with VS, and is only getting better.

Dont_have_a_panda t1_ja0f41s wrote

Killing dozens, hundreds or thousands of cannon fodder per second Will be forever awsome

Thats why i love games like musou series or action roguelikes like this

WrongPurposed t1_ja1bbtk wrote

I had a fun week or two with it but feel it got a little too much praise for what it is and am surprised people are still playing. I won't yuck your yum though. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Soggy-Big9943 t1_ja3b16p wrote

That may be the ugliest looking game I think I’ve ever seen.

The fuck

Epicporkchop79-7 t1_ja0a5ik wrote

I was really disappointed when I saw a video on jedi survivor....

VoidOfOblivion t1_ja0iuwq wrote

Standing there and just killing everything coming at you without effort feels like a reward rather than a bummer, just remember not to get the pentagram and erase all your exp drops