Submitted by GKenelly88 t3_11decpw in gaming

So don’t get me wrong. I love the modern day Resi games (except 5 and 6) but do you reckon we’ll ever get a new Resi game with fixed camera perspectives? And not just a remake or a remaster but a fully fledged new game for modern day hardware. I really hope that one day we will, but it doesn’t seem likely.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

-Rho-Aias t1_ja82ljp wrote

I wouldn't say never, but highly unlikely. Camera control is a pretty standard thing. People who didn't grow up with that would probably dislike it, which means less sales.

SpiderPidge t1_ja843vl wrote

I highly doubt it. Especially because if you went on forums around the time of Code Veronica, even though it is highly regarded now and has aged like wine, people were sick of tank controls and a fixed camera. Code Veronica wasn't as well received as it could have been because it was a tired gameplay system and people were over it. That's why when 4 came out it was fresh and what everyone had been wanting; and Capcom hasn't looked back since.

maretex t1_ja84rf4 wrote

No. It's just not suitable for today's standards.

GKenelly88 OP t1_ja866do wrote

I get what you’re saying but when you see how successful games like Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures anthology, the TellTale games, etc, I think there is still a place in the market for fixed cameras.

kappifappi t1_ja8844m wrote

If we ever did it would be a modern probably a different ground up approach of how it would work.

AshenRathian t1_ja8civu wrote

The only thing wrong with RE5 and 6 is the action, and judging by overwhelmingly positive reactions to RE4 gameplay, that was never the issue to begin with either.

All RE5 and 6 are is a step up from RE4 in every way but story and atmosphere, which are actually worse. I see more praise for RE4 than i do praise for RE5 and 6. I also see a ton of praise for RE8 which is, again, kinda making the RE community look bipolar because RE7 uh...... "saved" (not really) the franchise and was popularized as a return to the series roots (not really).

Just don't understand the bipolarity of this fanbase. One game we hate action mechanics and variety in RE6, then we want more of it in RE7, then everyone goes nuts that RE8 has more combat focus, but we also love the RE2 Remake for having the over the shoulder perspective and allowing more visceral action, but bash RE3R because it's shorter and linear but otherwise similar to RE2 in every other way, and we've gone to praising the RE4 Remake for having the same mechanics people hated RE6 for in the first place........

I got unhinged in that last bit but i just can't understand people anymore. It's like no fanbase can even make up their minds what they want anymore.

ninjabell t1_ja8i42z wrote

Honestly I hated the fixed camera perspectives. It was done because of the technological limitations at the time. The scenes were renders, which allowed for better graphics. Now graphics capability has long reached a point that it is not necessary. I didn't play some of the Capcom titles of that era because it was so unintuitive to always use up to move forward regardless of camera angle.