Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JimAbaddon t1_ja9wow0 wrote

Any online game. I'm really not a fan of them.

RadRhubarb00 t1_jaa0vs1 wrote

All survival horror games. I just watch Lets plays of them. Never want to play them myself.

Potion_Shop t1_ja9ymrk wrote

God of War Ragnarok 1&2 ... I watched both stories on YouTube but its not really my type of game.

Blazinsquatch t1_jaa189g wrote

In hindsight i wish i did the same. So many hours wasted

kennyh90 t1_jabn7kb wrote

Love that I’m seeing this opinion more and more tbh and it’s not getting downvoted to hell

Schwifty0V0 t1_ja9wvgf wrote

As a total war player I get burnt out on all my campaigns and just end up chillin out n watching, “let’s play”’s on YouTube.

Helvetic86 t1_ja9y5hf wrote

Mario Maker 2. I love to watch good players play crazy kaizo levels. Playing it myself is just not as fun as I‘m not good enough to play the really exciting stuff.

TY00702 t1_ja9yhv4 wrote

Most fighting games to be honest

Xemnic t1_jaa2wd8 wrote

This reminds me of the PlayStation commercial where some dude is mentioning that his GF thinks the Uncharted games are actual movies and a PlayStation rep is standing there, shrugging his shoulders, saying “I don’t see a problem” lol

I’d say any game with good cinematics and an engaging story.

boogaloobear t1_jaa4xvm wrote

I love watching Starcraft 2. I'm terrible at the game. But watching is so fun.

FierceDeityGabe t1_ja9xn0g wrote

The Last of Us, it's not fun. Been loving the show.

ReDeMpTiOn-_-121 t1_jaa0h3d wrote

How so?

Blazinsquatch t1_jaa14f8 wrote

I remember playing it maybe a year after it came out. I thought it was supposed to be an open world game.

4 hours later I remember thinking that it had the longest tutorial ever. Which is when i looked it up and found out i had just been playing the game the whole time.

Never played again.

Also genuinely not a fan of the story driven games that highlighted ps4's claims to fame. Uncharted being the other major one that comes to mind.

dSoul22 t1_ja9xt0u wrote

I like watching mmo's. I love mmos but dont have the time or energy to grind them anymore. I get to vicariously play them through others. I also have a few streamers that play like i would so its not frustrating to watch.

mackbulldawg67 t1_jaa03i0 wrote

I love watching zanny play kingdom come deliverance but I don’t think I’d like playing it. Haven’t tried it. Might some day

FayTalRS t1_jaa6f0z wrote

It's tarkov for me. I love watching pestily and it gets me in the mood to play, but the moment I load into a raid I instantly remember why I hate playing solo

thewalkindude t1_jaaa8jm wrote

Cuphead. The game looks gorgeous, I love the 30s animation aesthetic, but it's too damn hard for me.

Divine_Entity_ t1_jaeb7g1 wrote

Speed runs, they are incredibly facinating and fun to watch but i do not have the patience or time to speed run myself.

Majestic_Preparation t1_ja9wrm9 wrote

Like watching streams someone else play and talk nonsense? There are better ways to waste time.

tapesz0210 OP t1_ja9xaee wrote

Not streams per se, those too,but I meant videos too

MutedHornet87 t1_ja9wt25 wrote

No. I don’t enjoy watching others play games.

Where’s the fun in that? It’s boring

tapesz0210 OP t1_ja9y3zm wrote

I don't know myself fully why I find it enjoyable,maybe some games requires some skills that I don't have yet,or I like the campaign but I don't like playing it if it makes any sense

Divine_Entity_ t1_jaeaxo0 wrote

An easy answer is that you physically can't play the game, the barrier of entry to watching a game on youtube vs buying a system capable of running it, the game itself, and a million dlc is like night and day. (Especially to teenage me, and now i just have the habit of watching them)

But that same logic of something being boring to watch is why i don't watch sports, but millions of others do and find entertainment in it. (And honestly its the same, watching someone else play a game that either you can't play, or at a skill level that you cannot achieve because you don't get paid to play that game)

MutedHornet87 t1_jaeiika wrote

Sports is different. We aren’t all incredibly talented athletes.

If I could play NHL hockey I wouldn’t need to watch it as much

Divine_Entity_ t1_jaexzi9 wrote

And if i had the reflexes i wouldn't watch speedruns, this is by far the worst argument against watching videogames but infavor of watching sports.

Meshuggareth t1_ja9zcuc wrote

Absolutely not. If I'm watching anything, it's a movie, a show, or a cutscene during a game I'm playing.

Capital-Goal-3123 t1_jaa0mq3 wrote

Dead by daylight. It's a pay to win game you have to pay to even play. It's just pure toxic. All the videos you find about the game is just people being salty and racist. Would totally watch people play rather then be a victim

brian11e3 t1_jaa2533 wrote

No.

I was the youngest of 6 siblings. I was always the last to get to play, so I often spent several hours watching others play.

I'm 40 now, and even to this day, I can't stand watching others play games.

Redditisforlosers25 t1_jaa3nti wrote

The Last of Us, I don’t like the gameplay. Story is good though.

All-Seeing_Hands t1_jaa5l0a wrote

I watched the MWII campaign and cutscenes because it was more convenient than buying it, installing it, and playing it. Plus I can play the next one and still be caught up with the story.

SmokeSparda t1_jaaacby wrote

Kenshi for sure, i LOVE watch It but i suck playing

Indra_a_goblin t1_jaah6f7 wrote

Most horror games, I love horror but I can't handle horror games, so I have to enjoy them vicariously through others

trippypees t1_jac4hu1 wrote

top tier Tekken competition matches