Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

asunamyag t1_je7s2j9 wrote

The Final Fantasy VII remake.

Never played the original, but I thought I’d play the remake after it was finished.

Then they split it into three parts.

This game was announced eight years ago. Only one of the three parts has been released.

ChocoboCloud69 t1_je80p9x wrote

I'm pretty excited for it and have yet to play the first part. I bought it on sale but have intentions to not touching it until I can just binge all three parts at once just like the OG. I don't care how long it will take or how long it will take me to get through it when the time comes, I'm sticking to my plan.

There's far too many quality games out there right now to be worried about future games releases IMO

Jwhitey96 t1_je9dzsn wrote

I disagree with this. Sure it’s been 8 years since announcement but we had part 1 5 years after announcement, and part 2 is put this winter, a mere 3 years after part 1. I would say 5 years is average game development time, with 3 years being really quick. The issue which square never learns from is announcing things way to early. Most games announce when they are half way through so often have 1-3 years from announcement to release. Square alway announces a game when it has just started, which is dumb

Mottis86 t1_je9fc8l wrote

I mean granted the first part is a full-ass game and has more content than most triple A games these days.