Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_je8qdse wrote

>why do people still pretend like grinding is a prevalent thing in jrpg’s

Because it is. I play Disgaea and Monster Hunter. Grinding is an integral part of their gameplay loops.

StupidestGuyNominee t1_je8qzjk wrote

It's more prevalent in jrpgs than their western counter parts, so in comparison.. yea it's something to talk about.

HachikoNekoGamer t1_je8r2w3 wrote

It's more like people don't like grinding cause they would rather blitz through the story.

While there are definitely some JRPG's that require you to grind, it doesn't even take that long since 3-5+ levels is more than enough to take on the next boss(10+ is kinda overkill but hey you do you).

Gaara34251 t1_je8r7dp wrote

Cus there is a lot of ppl that actually enjoy doing that, i know a couple of them, they are real, i dont understand them either. But money listen man, if alargue group of players demand that thats what theyll get, its sad for me cus that make a lot of games that i could play with Friends totally unplayable for me but luckily videogames industry is Big enoth so anyone can have games he enjoy so... Ita fair i guess

djr7 t1_je8rcqb wrote

so you're upset that people consider grinding to be a thing to do in JRPG's?

that's weird..... how bored are you?

rdtthoughtpolice t1_je8riua wrote

The amount of time in my day I spend thinking about jrpgs is exactly 0.

Far_Elephant_1644 t1_je8s28z wrote

All the classics you don’t “have to” either just that most of us were young and dumb when we played them.

Sofaris t1_je8suns wrote

In my currently favorite JRPG grinding is not even an option.

BluntyTV t1_je8vwfa wrote

I asked Siri "what is the saddest, dumbest, gaming related straw-man argument made this month" and it linked me here.

himynameisyoda t1_je8zh36 wrote

ppl make up words and excuses to explain feelings they don't understand that most likely have nothing to do with grinding or the excuse they give in the first place. like 'outdated' or 'arbitrary' just means don't want to learn/think/read and or hate a challenge. it becomes an ego thing. they can't for whatever reason admit that something isnt for them cause they are scared of being called or admitting they are bad or dumb.

EZ-PZ-CLAPS t1_je92sgf wrote

i think some people just like to grind in jrpgs because they enjoy leveling up and getting stronger. but i agree that it's not necessary to complete the main story. it's all about how you play the game and engage with the mechanics.

djr7 t1_jebvmfy wrote

ok but WHY does that upset you?

there are people out there that think the earth is flat for god's sakes, do you really think it's healthy for you to fixate on such a minor thing that has zero impact or relevance to you're own enjoyment of video games?

brando-boy OP t1_jec1ng5 wrote

i mean i’m not so upset that i’m losing sleep over it or anything lmao, i just think it’s very silly/stupid sometimes, especially when it causes people to miss out on games/stories they might otherwise love over preconceived notions that are just wrong, but ultimately if people want to be dumb they can be dumb