Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zachtheperson t1_je27kjz wrote

>We’re pleased to finally tell the world of our experiment

Was Dolphin a secret before?

MaD_JP t1_je3art4 wrote

Ive been launching dolphin through steam for years so i could use my steam controller. Is this news sposta be hype?

IllustriousEntity t1_je4268e wrote

Of course anyone could have run regular old Dolphin through steam by adding it as an external app. People have been doing that for years now.

This is a full blown steam release. And will have all the bells and whistles that come with running an app natively through steam that don't work with the old method. Retroarch did the same thing and launched a Steam version few years back. More options are better but for the most part, the standalone desktop version will still be the definite way to play.

DarthMill t1_je42a9m wrote

No. Definitely work involved with putting it on steam though.

K__Geedorah t1_je5d2s8 wrote

What would be the benefit of running dolphin through steam though? Genuinely curious why I would want to open it through steam when I can just click on the Dolphin icon that's on my desktop?

DarthMill t1_je5drxb wrote

I can’t figure that out either. Possibly steam cloud(not for Rom’s obviously) and steam input.

dr3wzy10 t1_je63whs wrote

I'm interested in the remote play and online features baked into steam. It may also be and easier way to remote play some of my GameCube library