Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Wainwort t1_jednkhv wrote

I'll promote Grim Dawn as well. There's a ton of content and the game has several fan made mods. Most will require the two big expansions, but they are an easy recommend and incredible value for money.

If you really want to emulate the Diablo feel, get the "Reign of Terror" mod, which is inspired by D1 and D2.

sgcpaulo t1_jedgvbt wrote

Grim Dawn lets you go ham on class possibilities with tons of options. Diablo 2 is a classic, but remember that its gameplay is old school.

I have not played Last Epoch but I herr it’s great as well

CawCawDumDum t1_jedh6nb wrote

Grim Dawn is the most different from Diablo 4, so I'd recommend it on that basis alone.

Also imagine if there was a game company that perfectly recreated and improved upon your favorite childhood game. That's what Grim dawn is for a lot of people. It's fucking awesome.

Thorinori t1_jedl9px wrote

Grim Dawn and Last Epoch are both good

hurdygurdy21 t1_jedgqwo wrote

If your filling the void until Diablo 4 Diablo 2 just makes sense.

EvernoteD t1_jedgxxp wrote

I personally couldn’t get into Grim Dawn but it has a massive cult following and is one of the better indie ARPGs.

Diablo 2 Resurrected is nothing like Diablo 4, the game feels dated and slow and inventory management is a right pain.

Last Epoch seems really good so far (18 hours played) the skill system is interesting and it has some really nice features like look filters and an expansive crafting system that gets a lot of love. The game has also recently added multiplayer if you wanted to play with a friend.

FuryChips t1_jeea8qu wrote

Grim dawn is a solid experience. Overall fantastic layout, design and environment.

Bubuchacha14 t1_jeeik1d wrote

GrimDawn hooks me into RPGs. Great class combinations, also I really like damage converting system that GD offers. Last Epoch is a smooth, chilling experience for me. Skill system is great and everything is really smooth.

Captain_CatDad t1_jeemmux wrote

I’d go Torchlight 2, if you haven’t.

Banana_Slamma2882 t1_jef3w2p wrote

Grim Dawn or the secret fourth choice Titan Quest which is literally just Greek/Scandinavian grim dawn with better class cohesion and map design Imo.

glepp88 t1_jedgvoa wrote

Have you played Diablo 3? I also agree d2 is the one if you have.

I like grim dawn it’s not too bad at all. But I would likely do another season of d3 or do d2

Semour9 t1_jeg7a3s wrote

I liked last epoch a lot. I’m not a big fan of ARPG’a either but thought the changing world and story was pretty interesting.

Cavissi t1_jeer0bb wrote

D2R. Still one of the best ARPGs and it will show you more of diablos world.

What_a_plep t1_jeg448g wrote

Diablo 2 is the better of the 3 in the title.

−1