Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gandarii t1_je4rzto wrote

We've all been there. Then, suddenly, someone or something gives you an idea on what to try and it just clicks.

If you are looking for a game to make friends in, single player games probably aren't it and co-op games might be more up your alley. Try to find something that has an active community, as that makes it much easier to find people. Games that get updated regularly are always a good bet. Or maybe jump on the hype train of something new that releases.

Maybe Csgo 2 might be your chance. Or whenever GTA 6 comes out.

I personally really enjoy Destiny 2 and it very much suits that 'puzzle, combat, platforming, online co-op game to make friends in' niche you're looking for and it gets updated very frequently with a highly active community. Maybe give that a try if you haven't already.

Then again, it's absolutely okay to take a break. If you're not feeling it at the moment, don't force yourself into it.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4se8z wrote

yep Im thinking also maybe shooter burn out I might need stuff that gets my brain thinking as well I guess I mostly played shooters or story focused games

Gandarii t1_je4wk2p wrote

There is of course always the option of a good old-fashioned Minecraft Server if you have the people for it. Those are always a fun time.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4y6xo wrote

makes me wish i had more friends lol i really want to get back into minecraft

Gandarii t1_je4yp36 wrote

I'm sure there are discord servers and other communities that would love to play alongside you. You just have to look for them ^^

Buuut, I also get that it can be very intimidating to join random people like that. I think there are probably also still many very active larger servers. Maybe you could try and look around for people there?