Submitted by DarwinsMonkeyOne t3_yhtr33 in gaming

I’ve just spent the whole weekend playing It Takes Two on Xbox with my 9 year old autistic son, and it’s the most amazing game I’ve played in ages. The story is so sweet, and I’ve really enjoyed letting my son work out the puzzles, and seeing how excited he gets when he gets it right.

Honestly, I think this is a game every parent should play with their child. It’s been a real breath of fresh air.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cpt_Jumper t1_iufpexj wrote

Is this the game where they brutally kill an elephant who is begging them to stop, by basically tearing her limb from limb and throwing her to her death?

DildoDouchBaggins t1_iuftuki wrote

In their defense, they are awful parents who take advice from overtly manipulative talking books. They're just trying to emotionally scar her for their own benefit is all, cut them some slack.

And by slack, I mean elephant.

CallMeBigRy t1_iufutyt wrote

When me and my 8 year old got to this part he was genuinely upset, I actually wish there was an option to remove that part from the game.

CatSidekick t1_iuh8sa0 wrote

You just gotta tell him live by the sword die by the sword

SPFMninebillion t1_iufy9mj wrote

This is the first game my daughters (10 yo & 7 yo) have completed together on Xbox. I’m such a fan. They did a great job on this game.

1mStillStanding t1_iui2yff wrote

Played it with my sister, she got her friend to play it with her, neither of them are gamers. Gonna drag my GF in to play it too.

MrDionysus t1_iufrhcq wrote

My partner and I played it over a few sessions and absolutely loved it. I highly recommend using controllers.
Unlike a lot of games with a bunch of mini-games in them, I feel like this It Takes Two uses interesting mini-games that stop being used before you get sick of them, which was made them all the more enjoyable.

shabba182 t1_iufshnh wrote

I enjoyed it but that game went on twice as long as it should have

VladeMercer t1_iuhowb1 wrote

PC players: (angry noises) But this game isnt released yet!