Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

featherwolf t1_iuf20p4 wrote

That PC doesn't scream broke to me...

Bonebound OP t1_iuf3kj6 wrote

Was a builder 4 years ago. Built this with my rebate.

No longer a builder I am now a courier... I am now broke.

livipup t1_iuf9ev7 wrote

I would pick Mario Party 5 even if I had money for the new ones :)

Bonebound OP t1_iuf51o3 wrote

Will just make abundantly clear. I was a builder for many years. I built this PC with a tax rebate I had. I never had a day off during COVID, never had a day off in my time as a builder as I was self employed unless it was very important like the birth of my son. Other than that... my back is now broke as much as my bank account.

I am now a courier, I am broke af.

razulian- t1_iufx17n wrote

I know the feeling. I built a high end server for Google Stadia-like streaming and work. Very high end, costs at least 4-5k. I could keep buying high end gear every month because I had a well paying job before I had a stroke and had to stop. Every time I save up money something comes up, such as the car requiring repair or house problems.

slaytanikone t1_iufs5q4 wrote

Learn to save your money mate !.

−2

razulian- t1_iufxtrt wrote

Easy to say when you don't know someone's situation.

I had 5k saved up but had to use that for repairs at my house after severe water damage. Then my car needed repairs, the list goes on. I keep track of every cent that comes in and goes out of our bank accounts, but with my health issues and current crisis in Europe the cost of everything is high.

I managed to make everything as cheap as possible, from mortgage to food to internet. If something were to happen to my income or that of my wife's we can still survive on one income. According to my calculations we're saving up €600 a month but with the shitty luck we're having we don't really see much if that.

BR3KT t1_iuf4ee1 wrote

o _o I don't see any broke...

TraditionalMood277 t1_iuf69ay wrote

[Stewie voice] yeah, you got money for rgb....how much that cost you?....getting real tired of you ducking me, Brian....

mjwood28 t1_iuf9olc wrote

Mario Party is a goat game

Bonebound OP t1_iufa7c7 wrote

Marriage ender mate.

10/10 do suggest.

mjwood28 t1_iufaazk wrote

My wife likes board games so I tried to play with her sadly she isn’t a video game person

Pocho_Oso t1_iufxcvx wrote

Board games can snowball into so much more. Get her into D&D then drop subliminal messages about how the campaign is like x game. You got this!

N3verGonnaG1veYouUp t1_iufbcde wrote

Lol I play most of the time on retro games on my emulator, I can definitely understand haha

(Note for Nintendo : which I also have a physical copy)

SeanSS_ t1_iugacgs wrote

>being too broke

>has a god gamer gaming PC

[deleted] t1_iuf5ona wrote

[deleted]

TraditionalMood277 t1_iuf6k1p wrote

Ok, here's free advice: fans cool the same (maybe better) without the RGB bullshit AND are cheaper. You are welcome.

Bonebound OP t1_iufalxx wrote

Just wanted a glowy pc... sorry mate.

TraditionalMood277 t1_iufax1g wrote

Nah. That's your preference. I'm just stating facts. And perhaps also my own personal preference. Just know that to save money, ditch the RGB. But if it's that important to you, go off yo. It's whatever. Thanks!

Bonebound OP t1_iufaj6b wrote

Luckily during coving I had a tax break.

Got some money back so I spent if on my PC. As this is where.i spend the bulk of my time... Good investment for me.

FaithSeer t1_iug9rm3 wrote

I can relate. Everyday man.

dayron182 t1_iufbumq wrote

It's time to crop those photos you post.

But kidding. Good luck.

backroundagain t1_iufefsi wrote

That's a pretty good second string time in my opinion

profburek t1_iufsz0z wrote

How much is that PC worth?

BrowniesGoHam t1_iug9uts wrote

Of course it’s not about Mario 🤣

[deleted] t1_iugtnlf wrote

Fk money I’d rather that

Wilty- t1_iugu4my wrote

PC screaming otherwise lul