Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

StillGalaxy99 t1_iydfmp0 wrote

Graphics aren't everything, yet HL2 had some of the best graphics for its time...

Mythulhu t1_iydia36 wrote

They still stand up well.

apeinej t1_iydj930 wrote

They did a ray tracing upgrade for portal. Pretty soon they'll do the same for HL2, and we'll have the best graphics ever...

NotAnotherMoose t1_iye8qbg wrote

Has that come out yet? Been waiting all month but I've heard nothing about it.

apeinej t1_iye953n wrote

I've seen an article about this last week, and it would be coming until the end of the year - Ray Tracing Portal, I mean. HL2 is only a dream as of now. And free for whoever owns Portal.

Edit: updating, it will come out Dec. 8th.

Jindujun t1_iyddrv7 wrote

Aperture Science, Black Mesa and the Combine.

I mean... I'd probably stand with Black Mesa but Aperture Science is soooo tempting

ebony1442 t1_iydfhqu wrote

Aperture Science has cake!

Mad_Arson t1_iydfmk0 wrote

Cake is a lie but they have a lot of neurotoxin gas

KittyLickMyMeow t1_iydtl0r wrote

...pssstt. The cake is a lie bro.

Edit: I enjoy finding out that others posted the same joke before me. It makes me smile inside.

CmdrThunderpunch t1_iyez94o wrote

The Combine are an interdimensional alien empire, all Black Mesa did was accidentally open a rift, and the best Aperture Science could pull off was a combustible lemon that burns your house down.

Jindujun t1_iyf0tgx wrote

Hogwash! Aperture Science can also make you into a mantis-man, turn you inside out and give you moondust cancer!

nivex6669 t1_iyddcpc wrote

Seen all these a million times CANNOT remember what they are

Cowsleep t1_iydf1fa wrote

I believe it's aperture, and halflife, not sure about the one on the right

Kurotan t1_iyduujm wrote

Isn't the middle lambda just the game logo? They should have used Black Mesa's logo.

FawksyBoxes t1_iydvmi1 wrote

It was the logo for the Lambda Complex, where they were developing the portal tech in Black Mesa. It was the super top secret area of the top seceret facility

Mythulhu t1_iydi5p7 wrote

Gordon Freeman all the way

Dragonborn3187 t1_iydf3so wrote

Just because of the game they're in, Aperture Science

Gentleman_33 t1_iye8nn6 wrote

They are indeed not everything, idk why you are showing this and saying that, that looks very good, it's quite very good

-The_coolgui t1_iyej3bf wrote

You must not be old enough, but the Source engine had the best graphics for its time. Hate to spoil it for you but all of these games run on source.

EdwardRandger t1_iydmr0r wrote

Aperture Science, rebels and combines. Black Mesa seems missing, even tho it was blown up after cascade resonance.

Nice picture tho.

JoeBogo12 t1_iyez4j8 wrote

We here at Aperture Science 99% have cake for you! So come down and do some definitely safe human testing and get some free cake!

nivex6669 t1_iydhoae wrote

How about aperture with umbrella? Then ya can send all kindsa wild shit out and if the enemy is close, shut the portal boop! Yes boop IS the sound the portals make when they close.

−1