Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

shadowthehh t1_iy87jrm wrote

Pun fully intended...

Hell yes.

However it's not really a story game. In fact the Doom Slayer at many points outright ignores any exposition being given to him.

ArtofWASD t1_iy87ids wrote

I would say you will get more than $5 worth of entertainment.

vine01 t1_iy87ls5 wrote

but.. story game? hmm

Lithuim t1_iy8837h wrote

People do try to dump exposition on the Doomslayer, but he actively ignores them.

thegildedman25 t1_iy88crl wrote

Doom isn't nessicarily known for being a story game. It's more known for being a fast-paced shooter. It's a good game, just not a story driven one.

If you want a good story game, then I'd suggest a final fantasy game.

howmuchdoucare t1_iy87dfo wrote

how would any of us know your financial status?

MrPotatomato t1_iy896xf wrote

Great campaign that loses some steam towards the end since you can become grossly overpowered, its multiplayer might still be alive

ResidentPast9518 t1_iy8a1mt wrote

Doom pretty good but no very long for single playetru. So maybe get something more content heavy.

DjajFriteEp3 t1_iy8ajj0 wrote

I had it for free thanks to a friendly russian fit girl but yeah worth 5$ and more ! Veryyy good game. The soundtrack, the colors the action !

Restricted_Nuggies t1_iy8j0yv wrote

If you want a good story game, I’d recommend Hollow Knight. It’s $15 and not $5, but whenever you do get an extra $10, you’ll more than get your money’s worth. It can be pretty difficult though, so just be aware of that

NoMoreGoldPlz t1_iy8svsw wrote

I didn't finish it but I found 5 bucks a very fair price.

It's back to the budget part I guess.

SoloDeath1 t1_iy9rkay wrote

I mean, Doom (2016) has a story but the best way to play it is to just ignore it.

That said, yes it is absolutely worth $5.