Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cyshox t1_iy4j35a wrote

It's pretty much identical. In other games the difference is more obvious.

Public-Performer-572 OP t1_iybus3n wrote

is the hardware of series x much better ?

Cyshox t1_iybxk1s wrote

Series X' CPU is 3% faster, the GPU is 18% faster & the memory is 25% faster. It also has advantages in terms of features, e.g. better VRR implentation at lower minimum range, DP4a support for machine learning, SFS for faster texture streaming, etc.

In most games with dynamic resolutions, Xbox Series X targets about 25% higher resolutions which is noticable sharper. A few even run higher fidelity presets, e.g. Hitman 3, or offer different performance modes, e.g. Dying Light 2 on XSX had a 1440p 60fps mode which came to PS5 half a year later at lowered resolution (XSX is 1600p 60fps now).

Public-Performer-572 OP t1_iyc3emy wrote

So xsx will be better buy ? I mean it seems like the gap between them will enlarge further with new titles in future , will it ?

Cyshox t1_iyc46k7 wrote

I think the 25% gap will stay the same. At the end it depends on where you friends play and what exclusives you prefer. I mainly play multiplatform releases so switched from PS4 to XSX this generation. The main reason for that was hardware & Bethesda but later I discovered Game Pass. As someone who plays a lot this service is a godsend, especially since you can get up to 3 years for $180 or less with the Xbox Live conversion. Imo it's insanely cheap for the value it offers.

Public-Performer-572 OP t1_iyclrb8 wrote

yeah gamepass is best thing to gaming rn tbh, do you think sony's ps plus can compete with gamepass in future ?

Cyshox t1_iycm8qk wrote

No, they won't invest that much in a subscription service and they won't include first-party games at launch. PS Plus Essential is much better than Xbox Live Gold but PS Plus Premium will never be able to catch up with Game Pass.

Public-Performer-572 OP t1_iycmnnb wrote

oh i see, ig then sony will release a slim model which will be better otherwise the 25% gonna be there till next gen like you said.