Submitted by PiGeOn_ThE_BrIT t3_z90r4o in gaming

the creator of Hitchikers guide to the galaxy Douglas Adams was very keen to adapt it. So keen in fact, it started off as a radio show, became a book, then a tv show and eventually, posthumously it became a film. It also became a text adventure. I belive if Douglas Adams had lived he would almost definetly want to make a modern videogame out of it, and knowing him he would have use the unique medium to the games advantage and change the story slightly as he did with all other adapations. I think, if done right this could be a really cool commemaration and celebration of Douglas and hitchikers, but it seems this would probaly be unlikely, but a game at least inspired by the humorous space epic would be absolutely fantastic.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SlothBasedRemedies t1_iyetejw wrote

The text adventure was the game it deserved. Anything else would leave less to the imagination and this is a series that's all about imagination.

Ziaber t1_iyec1cp wrote

Well he did write a couple of games.

But I do agree the issue is how much will get lost in translation these days. Remakes or reimaginings always have issue in my eyes

GuyRandolf t1_iyeh8z7 wrote

The Warriors came out in the 70s. The game, in the early 2000s and it was amazing.

StupidGenius11 t1_iyefayb wrote

The H2G2 game was alright, but Starship Titanic was really enjoyable, in that uniquely 90's point-and-click computer game sort of way.

Not sure I'd want a "modern" H2G2 game though; keeping it 2D or prerendered screens like Starship Titanic leaves some of the environment to the players' imagination/interpretation and that's really important to me in things based on books. When the world is fully rendered and you can walk around in it freely, it clashes too much with my imagined version of people, places and things.

radiantwave t1_iyeotwi wrote

VR game... Lol... And in difficult level there is a tutorial on learning to fly.

Wish-I-Was-Taller t1_iyf0d10 wrote

Well his wife did allow a new author to take over and write a new book so it could still happen. I’d love to play it and his estate is open to new adaptations.