Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Bananaslamma24 t1_j2etkdm wrote

Why do you keep making new accounts to post this?

Darkchyylde t1_j2ewddd wrote

Because they’re bitter morons who use terms like “woke” and “snowflake”

SpontanBatbro t1_j2ew2qe wrote

You'd think after all these months you'd find another topic to make shitposts about on all your day old accounts.

PhoolCat t1_j2ewx0o wrote

Why do people make new accounts to ask this?

thegreatboto t1_j2eubce wrote

People like to whine and get upset when they find something that contradicts their world view. Politics/etc in video games, movies, etc is ok as long as they agree with it and don't have to think about or reevaluate themselves.

DireGuineaPig t1_j2f2luk wrote

Yup. "Politics I disagree with are ruining video games" is what they really mean.

dat_potatoe t1_j2eve0b wrote

If you don't get it, it's because you're actually intelligent and realize their rhetoric doesn't make sense to begin with and has no internal logic to it.

Skatingraccoon t1_j2et8jl wrote

They are upset that video games are trying to have some meaning and message to them instead of just being mindless entertainment with pointless violence.

Medical_Ad0716 t1_j2etlw3 wrote

I don’t even think that’s the case. They’ll complain about games with no meaning or message but have a female on the cover.

Skatingraccoon t1_j2etoox wrote

Also actually a good point -_-

"Politics" is a pretty general concept for these people.

[deleted] OP t1_j2eu08x wrote

[deleted]

dat_potatoe t1_j2ew3hl wrote

When minorities and political dissidents face persecution in real life, and play a videogame that treats them as no different than anyone else or validates their worldview, how is that not also "escapism" for them.

PhoolCat t1_j2ewt7y wrote

reddit answer is correct in this case, even if the spelling is not.

−1

Dresden-Atreides t1_j2f7sjl wrote

Meh I agree people don't like politics they don't agree with I would say just make a good game!

I take issue with any game that is trying to push a message or issue instead of just letting me get lost in it - do I care that I play as a man no ...do I care that I play as a woman no... do I care that a game seems to have an agenda and no story YES

Just make a good game don't try to make all types of people the bad guy/girl or make me think let me switch my brain off and escape life for a little while thank you

TenWholeBees t1_j2fa4je wrote

The only times I've heard that was due to women or non-whites as characters, so I assume it's based off of pure misogyny and racism

TacoManifesto t1_j2etr6t wrote

People have always said that so it’s just a new wave of “back in my day” people