Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sabbathius t1_j68tdgv wrote

Somewhat disagree on remake/remaster. As long as they're TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL, I think they're really good. It gives people who missed the original an opportunity to experience it. And people who experienced it sufficiently long ago to revisit it without hassles, and taking advantage of modern tech. These are also not mutually exclusive with new games, we can have both.

My personal hot button is people taking liberties with the "MMO" tag. Whenever someone says something stupid like "Destiny is an MMO", "The Division is an MMO", "Diablo 3 is an MMO", etc., it really gets my goat. EVE Online is an MMO. Fallout 76 is not. EVE has battles with 2,000+ players, Fallout 76 server holds a max of 24 players (iirc). If Battlefield 3, with its 128 players per server, is not being called an MMO, then there's no way in holy hell that Anthem is an MMO. Learn the difference.

Another one is that paid games should have no cash shops, at all, of any kind, including cosmetics. DLCs are OK to be sold separately, but they must only contain SIDE content, not continue the main story of a core game (i.e. not "ending sold separately"). If you want to sell that stuff, that's fine, but the game must be free. You can't have your cake and eat it too. This is mostly because when a game is made with cash shop in mind, its mechanics usually suffer. It is intentionally made painful to get you to spend money to skip the pain. So paying for that, on top of paying to skip, is double-dipping that I refuse to support.