Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

supergametamer t1_j6pfkoq wrote

I love this post because for some reason my mind went right to...what game doesn't exist?

Now I want a PvP dating/farm sim. Don't know how it would work yet but I want an esport where serious gamers are trying to rack up turnips and love for the ultimate win.

Frozenrain76 t1_j6pg9is wrote

Yeah I want an open world prospecting game set in the early 1900's. Gold Rush experience with a bit of treasure hunting.

A big beautiful open world you can relax in.

Sycokinetic t1_j6pids8 wrote

A spaceflight sim that isn’t a shallow grindfest, vaporware, or cookie clicker with walking.

kahuna_44 t1_j6pil6d wrote

A VR where i want to leave it on for more than 10min

celebfan01 t1_j6pjnih wrote

Better than Life.

It was in Red Dwarf.

tacjos t1_j6pgun6 wrote

I would love to see the next gen of Amusement Park games. Planet Coaster, NoLimits, Rollercoaster Tycoon, etc.

You can build and design the park and rides. There is a story mode with a management aspect as well as sandbox modes. Obviously, custom rollercoasters being the main focus.

But now add some nex-gen features like weather and seasonal changes. Add some animals like pigeons, mice, and deer. More variety in the guest personalities. And most importantly, VR capabilities.

KarmaInFlow t1_j6pf4ga wrote

I started learning unity and C# a month ago to make the game i wanna play.

08148692 t1_j6pi9kd wrote

I studied games programming for 4 years, worked in an AAA studio for 1 year as an engine programmer, and decided not to work on games as a career, partly because it ruined gaming for me. I couldnt look at games as art or entertainment anymore, I was focusing on how their lighting was rendered, noticing the blur of temporal anti-aliasing, critiquing everything at a technical level, etc.

If you want to make the game you want to play, be prepared to not want to play it. I know plenty of QA testers in particular who thought they landed their dream job playing games all day only to dread waking up and needing to play games all day. You really need a passion for building something other people want

ANGRY_DESKTOP t1_j6pg7e6 wrote

Open world sci-fi co-op where players can own their own planets if they grind enough

morthaeus t1_j6ph555 wrote

Star Trek holodeck style AR FPS or even just fully realized AR games in general.

Or a play while you're sleeping MMORPG like in the Hardcore Leveling Warrior web comic.