Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blueboyatecheese OP t1_j6kc3nw wrote

Just curious. How many people bought this remote?

jp_rosser t1_j6kfc3w wrote

I've got mine. My PS2 was my de facto DVD player so buying a remote made sense

JediChris8585 t1_j6koko9 wrote

I definitely did. The PS2 worked great as a dvd player and the remote was far easier to use than the controller. The remote was also wireless like any tv remote and the controller was not.

wrath_of_grunge t1_j6kt0j7 wrote

logitech made the best wireless PS2 controllers. however with the PS2 you couldn't turn it on or off with the controller. you could with this remote control.

RockwellB1 t1_j6kcrzw wrote

I still have mine. Along with my Xbox remote.

FBNTF t1_j6l75gc wrote

I had one, easier to use for my brother who has limited use of one hand.

akaispirit t1_j6lcr9j wrote

I have one that my mom bought for me when I was a kid. I don't think I ever used it though lol.

morgalid t1_j6o4hf4 wrote

Still have it,along with a fat,modded PS2.Tried to game with it,but you can only push one button at a time.Not so great with Gran Turismo,lol.

e-rekshun t1_j6ks8fx wrote

I had one but I seem to remember mine being of a different format. I thought it was a bit slimmer but longer.

Maybe I'm misremembering because it was a looong time ago

Edit nah it was the same remote it's coming back to me now after looking at some more pictures.

Auth3nticRory t1_j6lf8pt wrote

I thought mine was slimmer and longer too actually

Quake2Marine t1_j6mutt6 wrote

I believe the PlayStation 3 remote was the skinny long one, but it has been decades so I may be misremembering.

Auth3nticRory t1_j6mv5vd wrote

Yea. It was def ps2 because I was excited about the dvd player aspect of it. There was a little IR sensor you plugged into the controller port. It’s been so long so I guess that’s it and my mind is just messing with me.

king_27 t1_j6n6wb9 wrote

I had one and I definitely remember it being slimmer and longer. Maybe a regional thing? Got mine in South Africa.

Edit: actually seeing another comment mentioning the PS3 one being slimmer and longer I'm starting to wonder if that's the one I had.

xCaptainVictory t1_j6lqp25 wrote

What even is this sub anymore?

Jazzremix t1_j6m6qg4 wrote

Nostalgia over and over. "DAE remember this gem" but they dance around it

phish_sucks t1_j6kh1qr wrote

We had one but never used it. Came with a ps2 my dad bought off his friend

seithe-narciss t1_j6kdfv3 wrote

I've got mine, using it with my ps2 slimline. They dont make em like they used to!

FREE-AOL-CDS t1_j6lbba9 wrote

Have one of these, they were awesome.

88laxer t1_j6li85n wrote

Ahh! When consoles wanted to be home entertainment systems.

Then Xbox went all in ass first. 🤣😂🤣😂🙂

vamanaswk t1_j6kidl1 wrote

The controllers had cords so this was useful as a remote for using the DVD player

nastyfoo t1_j6klhxt wrote

Still have mine.

IGotYourBeans t1_j6kmju0 wrote

Wonder if its better than the ps5 remote. Got it only a month ago and shit won't turn on anymore, i think its due to Bluetooth traffic or something

FudgeDangerous2086 t1_j6laloi wrote

same. mine lasted 3 months before only working for tv controls and then not working at all.

gonzagylot00 t1_j6l0wo7 wrote

It’s not a bad idea. Having more focus on the inputs instead of the DVD options would have been better though. I heard that back in the day some hotels had TV/DVD/PS2’s, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was their remote.

Winterfalke t1_j6leovs wrote

Still have one of these, I watched a lot of movies on my PS2.

isfrying t1_j6lx9q9 wrote

Do they make a PS4 model? I want one.

No_Thing_5143 t1_j6m0i1f wrote

i used to have one of these and tried playing with them lmao

belleville-berberian t1_j6m4glj wrote

It was the main selling point to my mam and dad that it can play DVDS

Asgeras t1_j6mbfua wrote

Stop rummaging through my cable drawer! I'm sure it will come in useful.

doorknobsquad t1_j6mh7fc wrote

My ps2 was my first DVD player. I had this remote. First 2 dvds were A Knight's Tale and Tomb Raider. Good times.

Invincidude t1_j6nqthy wrote

I bought a Sony Bravia TV the same day I got my PS3. Come to find out, as they're both Sony products, the TV remote controlled the PS3 too.

So while I never had a PS remote, damn, thing is handy.

Soul_Script_Exo t1_j6o5hy6 wrote

I don't know how I should feel about this. Should I feel comfortable since we have the Wii remote or concerned that this never showed up in my life as a kid.

silver2k5 t1_j6ob2l2 wrote

Dude, if you have the Sony playstation TV it is actually still a really solid monitor.

Lupreon t1_j6mimxt wrote

I also got one but I have an older version of the PS2 and it's not compatible