Submitted by SirRoderic t3_10o1t1x in gaming

Yes, I've obviously done one full vanilla playthrough on every game I've played

But after that, idk, I don't like things being the same, and honestly (no offense) idk how others are able to do multiple vanilla playthroughs of a game without getting bored/burned out

If I've done something in game once, doing it again the same way, it won't feel the same, it won't feel exciting

So I need lots and lots of mods that add a ton of verity to be able to have fun on said game again

There's obviously a few exceptions, if a game is really fun, and i do mean REALLY fun, and has alot of replayability, then I don't really need to mod it, especially if each playthrough takes days to complete

Examples of such games

Elden Ring, Dark Souls 3, Dark souls 2...

Yeah.. I think FromSoft games are what's doing it for me, if all games could be like that

Oh yeah I forgot, pretty much no company these days puts love into their games, it's all about the money now

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jame310792 t1_j6c96fh wrote

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this. I’ve just restarted gta v story with a ton of mods. The entire world looks and interacts differently and I’m playing with a wheel and pedals. Feels like a different game than in 2013 when I played it.

Robotguy39 t1_j6c8eu2 wrote

Try games that aren’t from companies if you want love, then.

1st_Company_Veteran t1_j6c91q6 wrote

I feel there's access to so many games now that I play through once and move on to the next. I only return to a few well loved favourites and am happy with the "vanilla" experience they give. I'd only use a mod for a game that added an unofficial licence to a game for a franchise I liked but didn't have its own game. When I think of mods like Thomas in Skyrim I don't really get it, to me it spoils the game.

EvilRayquaza t1_j6cbihs wrote

It's natural to want to freshen up an experience you've already experienced that you enjoyed. Mods can do wonders with that, and that is wonderful. So no, it's not bad at all, play the game how you feel like you'll enjoy it the most

meekgamer452 t1_j6cbq7w wrote

When they added console mod support to Skyrim and fallout 4, I found myself testing mods all of the time. So yeah, I think that might be bad

Left_Pie4165 t1_j6ckzmz wrote

I don’t do multiple replays, got too many games on backlog, and new games keep releasing. I play game once and then move on. Too many games to play.

Dispositionpsn t1_j6c64we wrote

Yes and mostly no. Mods are nice, are they necessary to enjoy a detailed, thought out story? No. Not at all.

Most mods can help quality of life but let's be real. The greatest mods ever made, still lack the production value, quality voice acting, and stability needed for a decent to wonderful experience. I love mods and use them in all my PC games(when available) but I've never played a mod better than one of the many first party Sony games.

It makes sense if you want to have fun, but it doesn't make sense if you want to experience a narrative the was well crafted over 5+ years and a team of a 100+ people. Of course the AAA studio can still fail to deliver but honestly, even after a decade+ of mods I've yet to play sonething from a modder that's the calibur of a AAA studio.

There are mods that are better games and I've played mods that I would pay 60 bucks for, but majority of the time, in 20 years, the payed employees and big budget games still hit hard.

Counter strike is the best mod almost ever made, but it's still not better than Half life and I wouldn't give up the experience I felt with half life to play counter strike.

I know CS isn't a mod that relates to single player experiences but it's my best example of yes, mods are necessary, but today, no one has a made a mod that I can agree is better than the original. The biggest Skyrim mods in the world are fun, and great to play, but still lack perfection and attention to detail (for obvious reasons, not for lack of talent but because they will never have the team and budget to pull off what they want). That being said, I'm still waiting on Skywind