Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

kirinmay t1_j6n2385 wrote

And you spend 90 hours just trying to travel to the next location in a boring empty world. Looking at you Breath Of The Wild...

Rizenstrom t1_j6n2vsl wrote

As much as I loved BotW I definitely think it was too much. Not a lot to do besides the 900 korok seeds and 120 shrines which are both just way too much.

Op3rat0rr t1_j6n4bn9 wrote

An empty Zelda world with mediocre ‘dungeons’ compared to past games. But the boss fights were cool. Exploring the world was cool but it felt like time wasting at the same time. Especially with the weapon degradation

Rizenstrom t1_j6n9i76 wrote

"It encourages variety" - everyone on Reddit with an inventory of 30 lynel crushers/ bows/ shields.

kirinmay t1_j6ngt00 wrote

yeah the world was just too big. Like I used to play ffxiv. ive spent over 14k hours playing it (you can see how long you play). but the worlds in that mmorpg are just too big and empty. both BotW and ffxiv can easily trim 20% of the world. it'd also save money.

−5

Dean_Snutz t1_j6n9jko wrote

Ugh haaaated that game.

kirinmay t1_j6ngmxq wrote

yeah and Zelda fans are very passionate. Link To The Past is still my favorite one but yeah Breath Of The Wild....literally just running around and theres nothing to do. Y ou spend hours until you get to a place. How is that fun?

asunamyag t1_j6nnv0y wrote

Because when you’re going to the place you see some weird looking tree and stop to inspect it. And then you see something strange in the distance and you start going towards that. And then you see a shrine so you detour over to collect that. And before you know it you’re halfway across the map from wherever you were originally planning to go.

In the six years since that game was released I have never found a game that successfully replicated this “keep getting distracted by things you see in the distance” gameplay loop. Closest was Elden Ring.