Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HighNoon1200 t1_jdignl2 wrote

So at the end of this pigs life you’re just going to waste it an bury it? Both can be true, that it’s an intelligent pet you should take care of and that one day it’ll be bacon.

−1

calgil t1_jdinzw9 wrote

Dude people don't eat animals that die of old age. You really think people say 'oh my beloved Bessie has had a good long life, let's carve her up.' The meat would be awful and not worth it anyway.

Don't pretend that meat eating is preventing waste because it literally doesn't work that way. Animals are eaten in their prime or younger. Nobody even commercially eats adult sheep because mutton is tough and awful.

You either eat them when they still have a long life ahead of them or you don't eat them at all.

Wojtuma t1_jdihp60 wrote

I'm gonna eat twice as many dogs, just so you don't make any difference.

BruceIsLoose t1_jdimeh3 wrote

It is why I ate my pet dog after he died. Can't let that pug bacon go to waste.

Hungry_Bass_Muncher t1_jdigxah wrote

So when you see someone walk their dog outside will you shout: "You better eat that dog and turn it in to mittens when it dies or it's wasting resources!"

−2

HighNoon1200 t1_jdihlm7 wrote

No because that’s not the argument here and we treat dogs differently. And you know that. Don’t go moving the goalposts.

paulfunyan t1_jdiky2v wrote

I mean, I kind of understand what you're trying to say... but you're looking at it entirely in a vacuum.

There are plenty of things that are wrong with factory farming even if you hold the view that it's not animal abuse.

Having pet pigs and not eating them is far less wasteful than the factory farming process. Feel free to look up the sheer amount of resources pumped into agriculture, and then feel free to look up food waste per capita.

We heavily overproduce and it isn't even close.