Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Adiwik t1_irvmne4 wrote

What's your rig system look like since nobody ever fucking post that kind of cool shit

smalaki t1_irvxmg0 wrote

my hunch is that work on these items are outsourced to local artisans and not made by the shop owner herself

​

I'm happy to be corrected though. I would like to see the wire working rigs!

romaraahallow t1_irxsjbr wrote

Rigs? Pliers, hands and dedication.

There's your rig.

SaltLakeCitySlicker t1_iryca0z wrote

I make wire trees. Same thing. Snips for cutting, hemostats with the serrations covered so it doesn't dent the metal for tougher bends and round nose serrationless pliers for more delicate bending

Adiwik t1_irwe8yy wrote

Well with all the people constantly posting their metalworking and shit like that on here they never do Post the vids of them doing it, and surely someone want to keep their technique secret or whatever but that's not what I'm asking for

−18

romaraahallow t1_irxsmx0 wrote

Then go on fucking Youtube and look at the thousands of wire wrapping tutorials out there.

C137-Morty t1_irvqsgs wrote

This is a question I didn't know I wanted answered

Adiwik t1_irvrunh wrote

I'm tired of people using this platform as a selling point for their own art without giving anything back

−72

KBTon3 t1_irw5fy3 wrote

Why so aggressive? It's not like they posted a link to their shop here or something. Just coming off as a weird gatekeeping asshole.

Adiwik t1_irwe1s4 wrote

Maybe you're projecting here, but there's a jewelry thread somewhere.

−44

LjSpike t1_irx30vt wrote

Isn't sharing cool creations they put their heart into upon a media sharing sub openly, and providing free videos talking about the creation process on the internet, "giving something back"?

Also, what are they "taking" from you by posting this?

Adiwik t1_irxfzj6 wrote

Your devils advocate is neato, they can share it on anything. Attack someone else who cares for your platitudes.

−18

L_knight316 t1_irxkwov wrote

Gotta say, this is the single most butt hurt example of jealousy I've seen on this site in years. You aren't owed anything by people sharing the cool stuff they make.

fuqdeep t1_iryno9m wrote

Ill never understand how people like you can be against self promotion. How the fuck else are people supposed to sell their stuff?

Adiwik t1_iryygqu wrote

stuff your foot in your mouth. you'd do more to think on that then be the popcorn on a 10 hr post. really.

BoneFriend t1_irxwp4u wrote

Do you also get angry at ads for not giving you free shit? Do you demand street vendors walk you through their process? Talk about entitlement, you didn’t build this platform and no one owes you a damn thing

Also, this is r/gifs ffs, get over yourself

MischeviousCat t1_irw4lsd wrote

What do you mean about a rig system?

Adiwik t1_irwe4cd wrote

Lots of metal like that can be put on rig systems to make it easier faster to make them