Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Fritzschmied t1_j3qaydq wrote

this looks like straight out of a video game. its too perfect.

erbr t1_j3qkndb wrote

Be careful coconut falling in the head is one of the top death reasons in the world a thing

Edit: For the sceptic ones https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_coconut

Edit2: I removed part of my statement as I don't have the numbers to justify it

arrbez t1_j3qo9xl wrote

I love that Mexicans are fully committed to that napping posture

Gerrut_batsbak t1_j3qrttq wrote

isn't it quite dangerous to sleep under a palm tree with coconuts like that?

graebot t1_j3qw7h3 wrote

That can't be Mexico. They didn't use the yellow filter!

a_trane13 t1_j3qwwqr wrote

It’s extremely, extremely rare - doesn’t even need to be a worry. There is literally less than one documented case per year in the whole world.

People think it’s an issue, to the point of putting up warning signs, but that’s essentially all driven by urban legend.

imaj1c OP t1_j3qzpnm wrote

Isla Lobos, is way nicer and more private than the Riviera´s islands, in my opinion. My family was the only one on the island at that time (besides some marines who work at the island and the "lanchero"/boat captain who brought us there)

darealJimTom t1_j3r2qmw wrote

That’s where I’m going to be today..

I mean not physically, I’ll be at work, but in my mind I’ll be pretending to be asleep under a tree there

ShmebulockForMayor t1_j3ra6lu wrote

Immediately reminded me of the end of Deep Rising. I was waiting for the roars to start and the jungle to begin shaking.

Bejkee t1_j3rfu88 wrote

I thought the sky was supposed to be reddish.

mylogicistoomuchforu t1_j3rfyl8 wrote

Nice drone footage.

Were you manually flying or was it a preset action?
I ask b/c on my DJI with presets like that - it doesn't drop first then raise out and away. It's an interesting move.

bigbone1001 t1_j3rk9k9 wrote

not a good look with them picking up trash while he sits there

−5

imaj1c OP t1_j3rmwce wrote

Yes, I was manually flying. It was basically my 2nd flying session ever so I was kind of nervous; I also did not want to wake him up with the buzzing of the drone, so I tried to be as fast as I could. Therefore the jitter.

imaj1c OP t1_j3ro7qr wrote

That was a real moment; we did not set the scene up to make an Instagramable video where everything is perfectly clean. The people behind him are my family picking up the things we brought to the island. It is a protected natural area and everybody is required to make sure nothing is left behind. We were just packing up.

runs4beer2 t1_j3sm3gg wrote

My back would be so sore take a nap like that. Gotta go stretch now. No bueno
... and yeah drone footage is on point.

[deleted] t1_j3subn5 wrote

I come from northern country, and I've learned a thing or two in my half century. One is that wherever there are palm trees, you don't belong and can't relax completely. If you make yourself too comfortable, the real owner of said palm trees will eventually come and remind you of that fact. That and also, food where palm trees grows will most likely make you sick with explosive diarrhea.

Gasman77 t1_j3sw806 wrote

This is an awesome shot. Also your dad looks like a dad, and I mean that with all affection. As in, he looks like my own dad.

tonyisadork t1_j3tbc53 wrote

Just traveled to Mexico and wanted to bring a drone for some cool photography but I found out they’re only legal for Mexican citizens to have/operate. (Glad I looked it up!)

Nkechinyerembi t1_j3tjtes wrote

Omg, when reversed this looks like a super badass opening to a game or movie. I love it

BCCMNV t1_j3tph8h wrote

As a non-mexican, I'm jealous of your ability to fly drones in your country.

Beautiful videos!

Spore_monger t1_j3tujzp wrote

This is like the ending to a movie. Your dad totally got away with whatever he did 😂

Milnoc t1_j3tviqz wrote

I think I've spotted the cell phone towers...

redsixthgun t1_j3unktg wrote

I think this is such a great way to gather a memory of a place in one shot/photo/gif. You can see everything as it was that day, in that moment. Next is “smellovision” and whatever lets you feel the local atmosphere :)