Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_ja2joue wrote

No

Business-Hearing-52 OP t1_ja2jski wrote

Any reason why?

paigezpp t1_ja2k1lu wrote

Because you don’t need one. The Apple usb c dongle has a very capable DAC and sufficient power for your needs.

gonomon t1_ja2lg4a wrote

You don't need one and see any benefits when you get a new dac or amp. Instead get new headphones or bluetooth dac amps if you want to use your headphone via bluetooth.

Justin_VY t1_ja6u6fh wrote

but bluetooth dac amp is an amp/da~~~

−1

RB181 t1_ja3fuiy wrote

If it's loud enough while still having headroom (at, say, 80% volume or lower), you won't benefit from an amp.

froggythefish t1_ja3khha wrote

The apple usb c dongle is an amp/dac

The gain you’ll get from getting a dedicated chonky amp/dac is minimal. It’s there, the gain is there, but the money would be much better spent on different headphones or audio files.

The main reason to consider getting a big dedicated amp/dac is if you want a physical dial for the volume, lol. Which I would understand, no judgement.

GamePro201X t1_ja5yh3y wrote

why would you ever buy an amp/DAC for $50 IEMs lol

They wouldn't ever need an amp/DAC anyways, but you should get something wayyy nicer before even considering it

halfercode t1_ja2l8d4 wrote

What kind of budget would you have for a amp/DAC?

audiochef68 t1_ja2jogj wrote

qudelix-5k

−7

Business-Hearing-52 OP t1_ja2juzc wrote

Any reason why?

x9spoons t1_ja7xbm1 wrote

Please listen to the other comments, spend the money on better iems or headphones, they will make more of a difference than an amp/dac would

audiochef68 t1_ja2k65h wrote

It will power most things and the EQ is so easy ( i'm not a EQ person at all ) built pretty well to, and priced ok.

MrCatsoup t1_ja6clel wrote

Idk why you got down voted, this subreddit is full of weird people.

x9spoons t1_ja7wpbr wrote

I think people are downvoting him because spending $110 on a dac for $50 iems is stupid and we want him to spend his money better