Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lestrenched t1_jad2zah wrote

I think a Seeaudio bravery, B2D, or even the variations/DUNU SA6 will be a massive step up for you, with a slightly more neutral tuning than the HD6xx. Easier to drive, of course, and the differences between IEMs being closed back and closer to the ear with detail retrieval.

Ideally the next step, if you'd like to stick to DAPs + IEMs would be the IE600 + Thieaudio monarch mkII/Softears RSV + Hiby RS2/FiiO M11s/Lotoo PAW 5000 MKII

anonymous181201 OP t1_jad5el3 wrote

Definitely, pretty much everything you’ve listed is something I’d like to listen to in the future especially tbe b2d, ie600 and the fiio m11s

Recently got the Shanling m3x and so far it’s been a good cheap dap to start with, since I got it off eBay so I’m curious what upgrading to something like the m11s would be like

lestrenched t1_jad67o2 wrote

Not much of a difference in sound, driving power would improve and maybe some technicalities would come forward in different IEMs. If you purchase it, do it for the features or for the battery (since you bought your model from Ebay).

The biggest difference always comes from IEMs. I would even take the Hiby R3 Pro Sabre 2022 with expensive/better IEMs than a better DAP if the p2p power output is enough

anonymous181201 OP t1_jad7he2 wrote

I’ve been getting by just fine with this dap so I guess investing in better iems is the way to go, appreciate the insight