Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

as1eep t1_j7rx2ga wrote

Oh my god??? FREE SHIPPING???

WHAT A STEAL!! COPPING NOW!!!

nhuynh50 t1_j7s5r42 wrote

I'll take four! One for each of my summer homes.

JProllz t1_j7sdcbr wrote

Summer, Canada... Heh

Homes, Canada, good one.

/s

hextanerf t1_j7urysw wrote

I'm sorry but that's not nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1trickana t1_j7xo3wo wrote

Hey we used to get summer on Vancouver Island

imnotthesmartestman t1_j7s9fre wrote

I'd get these but my wife's boyfriend is bugging me for a new car so maybe next week.

UberHaxorMarty OP t1_j7rv796 wrote

Are there any fellow Canadians (with infinite money) who wanted to add an HE1 to their collection? I thought you had to special order these, but this site is just selling them.

[deleted] t1_j7s9yhg wrote

I went to the store to try it, fortunately I'm too poor to buy it.

Pinecone t1_j7svznq wrote

You can order them from Sennheiser directly but there's a build time.

Snakemetal t1_j7t37tc wrote

When you can afford 60k on headphones but not 50 on shipping 😂

RayceManyon t1_j7ssh03 wrote

Honestly, this is worth the money. I know a guy in sales department who just spent like $40k on a bass boat. A boat that he will use maybe 12 times a year and cost thousands in maintenance. I really would take the HE1 given the choice

solid12345 t1_j7tvl56 wrote

I’d rather have $40k worth of multiple headphones and amps of different sound signatures. But then again people who will shell out $40k for a headphone usually have those as well.

johnny_ringo t1_j7ud90s wrote

Honestly why? Who is switching gear all the time? If these kick like they should, youd use the hell out of them.

Instead of buying a pair, I'd be more interested in watching an hour long documentary of the research, testing, and building of these. What does that 40k go into I'm wondering?

RayceManyon t1_j7uxgp3 wrote

Yes! They did drop the ball on documenting the HE1. Fostex has that great video of them hand making the cherry wood cups for the TH900. I love stuff like that.

solid12345 t1_j7v40dj wrote

“ who is switching gear all the time”.

Me. Listening to music on my ADX5000 with its delicate, reserved weeb tuning is a vastly different experience than say my Focal Utopia which will rumble and growl at you for instance. It’s fun to experiment in this manner. I’d love to hear the HE1 though but i’d have to travel out of state to ever get the chance.

CBSU t1_j7tw1fi wrote

It’s strange how HE 1 feels not worth it despite many of us spending more money on things we use less. Car enthusiasts here on the higher end of the hobby have similar sentiments: of a car collection, at least one costs far more than the headphones and sits with the battery disconnected. Yet HE 1 feels more wasteful.

I obviously don’t think this applies to most people here, but I’ve seen several comment that they could purchase HE 1– except it doesn’t seem worthwhile. Hifiman’s Shangri-La [Sr] feels like the highest point non-billionaires should consider, but on its face that makes little sense. Perhaps it’s the opulence of HE 1’s materials, which feel less functional?

RayceManyon t1_j7vki2u wrote

I hate it when I see people putting a $1000 aero kit on a Honda, when they could have bought the hifiman xs and ef400 that r2r dac/amp

Beautiful_Treat3093 t1_j7wxzvn wrote

Because a car still holds it’s value even after the purchase, the headphone… well, theres not a lot of people that wants to buy a 40k used headphones.

obj6462 t1_j7t59ex wrote

they don't sound that good, but that doesn't stop "more money = better" victims from parroting mythology about them

−15

tomatillo_ t1_j7t8hxn wrote

just out of curiosity, have you listened to the HE1?

RayceManyon t1_j7u9pef wrote

No. But, I was on a boat once and didn't care for it.

tomatillo_ t1_j7ua94z wrote

I meant to direct that question at the above commenter who said the HE-1s "don't sound that good", haha

oratory1990 t1_j7tkx1s wrote

How many times have you listened to them, out of curiosity?

Dangerous_Cobbler_ t1_j7tgun1 wrote

When I auditioned them, the salesperson told me how I don’t have to pay tax for them.

the_great_awoo t1_j7tka2k wrote

I guess tax would end up being like 10,000$ in the end, but like shit g pay tax on that and let me have my Mr noodles without tax

Dangerous_Cobbler_ t1_j7yomff wrote

Yep, exactly that’s why you hear sometimes that they cost 50k and sometimes that their 60k. The Wayne told me was btw to buy 2 plane tickets round trip, one for you, one for your marble box. Also probably one for the guy that carries it for you, it’s heavy.

Dangerous_Cobbler_ t1_j7yp3to wrote

But your definitely right, it says a lot that this is the only new headphone, you don’t have to pay tax on, because the tax is so high, that it’s worth it and possible to not pay for them. Also just a side fact, there was nothing that ever compared to these until I got a pair of mysphere used, I don’t have that kind of money. They are so amazing, but it also has been 4 years since I tried the Orpheus, so that’s definitely not fair to compare. All I’m trying to say is that I don’t want or need them anymore, until I hear them again, lol

GooseEntire1705 t1_j7ttavj wrote

Its a trap there's no tracking with the free shipping...

MCJeeba t1_j7tmktg wrote

Would love to have these to watch clips of podcasts on YouTube

PharaoRamsesII t1_j7vsiez wrote

Saw them live in some random store in Helsinki and was just wondering...

Who goes to a random ass electronic store in Helsinki and just says...know what? Gimme 1 of them Sennheiser HE-1S please.

You probably cannot even listen to them 🤣

e-Standards t1_j7zy8u9 wrote

Maybe one day when I hit a lottery...