Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RunningLowOnBrain t1_j9lx6uo wrote

1. We don't buy crap headphones.

2. We take care of our headphones, ours don't show any degradation after only 1 year.

3. We replace the pads long before they get anywhere near this bad.

HippyQueer t1_j9ly0m5 wrote

What headphones are those? For me when pads wear out I buy aftermarket or just get some OEM pads and replace the old ones. It takes like 30 seconds.

NotNerd-TO t1_j9m0f5b wrote

I wouldn't buy the same headphone that rips over and over again. There's the old saying "buy cheap, buy twice". Spend more the first time round and save yourself money in the long run. That kind of headphone doesn't look like it would last too well either. I've never been too fond of on-ears generally anyhow.

santokie_eethie t1_j9m49yp wrote

I’m pretty sure you can replace the ear pads on these Jabra Elites. Unfortunately that’s the nature of any pad and eventually you’ll have to replace them.

Educational_Clue935 t1_j9m6fox wrote

Write the manufacturer, there's a good chance that they will be willing to send you replacements for a price.

ViolinCassette t1_j9m87o1 wrote

This headphone looks straight outta the walking dead my dude. Respect for keeping it alive. Maybe contact the manufacturer for replacement pads

Bread-fi t1_j9m8flt wrote

It's one of the advantages of saving a little more for a quality brand, especially those originally aimed at commercial/professional use.

Beyerdynamic has every part replaceable and the parts themselves are harder wearing (the pleather pads on my DT770 aren't peeling after 3-4 years, my near 20 yr old DT880 still look mint after a pad and headband change).

It ultimately costs less and is less wasteful than throwing out cheap pairs after a couple of years.

Wolfhawk_46 t1_j9mkwuj wrote

How... How did you do that? Are your ears cheese graters?

ferna182 t1_j9mr47m wrote

I mean I just buy a good set of headphones once, take care of them and then replace the pads every few years when they start to feel like they're going bad, but they never get THAT bad unless I completely abuse them for like 5 years or something...

HammerWaffe t1_j9n3j46 wrote

It did/does. However with an exact-o knife and some patience its rather easy.

And you can 3D print pad "frames" so you can pop them on and off. I did some 3D printed frames on my X2HR as well so I can swap between the stock and some brainwavz pads on the fly.

Noxious_1000 t1_j9nds5k wrote

Well I bought my senheisers 2 years ago and I haven't exactly been gentle with them, they're in exactly the same state as when I bought them. So my advice would be to buy more durable headphones

mikhyy t1_j9nf118 wrote

You need smoother ears obviously

illCeeYa t1_j9nf183 wrote

Hello, a safe practice to extend the life of your earpads is to have them avoid moisture as much as possible. Don't use them right after taking a shower and wipe them down if you happen to sweat a lot. Pleather earpads will always start flaking after lots of usage but you can prolong their life doing this.

ferna182 t1_j9npder wrote

That varies from headphone to headphone... You usually don't have to glue pads on good quality headphones. On mine they just snap in. They are built with repairability in mind... That's not the case with every headphone though, even some high quality ones come glued. In that case I don't know what to use... You should first find out if you can buy replacement parts for your particular headphone.

Zarah__ t1_j9nun3u wrote

Upvote if you, like me, want to know what manufacturer produced such a scary looking product?

u/michelleross94 You never told us what they are!

Shirubax t1_j9nusgb wrote

I've had headphones for 10 years that don't look like that. Almost all from Sony, but I had a razer gaming headset that I used for teleconferences for like 6-8 hours per day 5-6 days per week for two years without any noticable degredation, too.

There are some headphones (like the nurophones, for example) which use silicon instead of leather or fabric.

Finally, there are pad covers which you can buy to keep the actual pads from getting sm sweaty or dirty.

michelleross94 OP t1_j9nvkr3 wrote

Hahaha! Jabra Elite 45h.

The full story- Bought it May 2021 at discount 40% discount. Did the mistake of mistreating them and wearing them after showering without drying hair, sleeping while wearing them etc. Found ear pad replacement on Amazon. Going to order, then search on YouTube videos and replace them. Don’t want to purchase new ones coz the audio is still working fine on both ears. I liked this model coz it’s soft, comfier and lighter than other Bluetooth headphones I used.

Glad-Explanation-916 t1_j9nxps3 wrote

do you use them in the sauna?

i have some Bose, use them for a couple of years no mayor damage, use them a couple of times in the gyms sauna and they look like yours...

soboi12345 t1_j9nz3tg wrote

This is the exact reason why i dont use headphone because I am a sweaty wanker. And the pads get cocked up after like 3-4 months of normal use. Also its too hot for me even in cold weathers, so I prefer iems.

Also I spent big for the first time on an iem which has a large soundstage

Adu598 t1_j9o2bf0 wrote

Are these Jabra headphones?

original123_ t1_j9o8ltf wrote

is this jabras? cos I have mine over year and they look like new

[deleted] t1_j9oaf5k wrote

Buy some ZMF cowhide / lambskin pads and never have to deal with faux-leather again.

-WARL0CK- t1_j9oos2h wrote

*Laugh in Beyerdynamic built quality*

michelleross94 OP t1_j9ot226 wrote

Oh wow. Just googled IEMs. Interesting!

I prefer not putting anything inside my ears coz the ear holes are too small. Idk how to explain. Even for workouts, I use open ear/bone conduction ones

Pneumagiston t1_j9otyyh wrote

Invest in a good pair of headphones and buy replacement pads right away. If you get a decent model, you can wash the earpads when they get dirty and alternate between pads. I have an SHP9600 and that's what I've been doing for the last 3 years.

soboi12345 t1_j9ougti wrote

You can try small iems.

I guess the new moondrop droplet although not a value iem at its price but its very small and perfect for small ears.

Alternatively ask for recommendations for iems which will fit better for small ears.

Kenhardt t1_j9owiki wrote

After 1 year it's kinda amazing in a bad way how they reach that state but to be fair, I never owned a pair of headphones or headsets with leather pads or similar material that would last very long. I never bough really expensive ones but even then the last one I bough was almost worst than that after 2 years +/-

Lord_Chit t1_j9p5028 wrote

Yeah I was actually messing with mine yesterday, the pads just clip on/off. But I’ve had mine for two years or so and the pads don’t look even remotely like OPs

CammyFi t1_j9ptg6e wrote

Don't buy the same shit

MusicaParaVolar t1_j9qqif5 wrote

I have these, I like them! I don't use them much but I found them used super cheap and I like their buds so I thought I'd try them.

Their biggest selling point is their battery life and so far, so good. I think they sound decent as well and are lightweight. I can't have them on too long cus on-ear stuff is never all that comfortable for me but they could be worse!

Wolfhawk_46 t1_j9thehi wrote

Ah yes, the classic 70 water. Not to be confused with 30 rock. Considering that oxygen is caustic and one of the reasons that we age and die... and water has oxygen in it... not to mention that it causes rot and mold, maybe your statement could use some work Bing.