Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WatchAndEatPopcorn t1_jefgbnd wrote

So, for the record, I was inspired to try something... took a 500 watt bass amp and cabinet and supplemented the bass... Still, where I'm sitting 50hz is dead silent. I can't fix the fact that the 50hz wave is roughly 20% longer than the length of my garage and nulls out in this spot. It's absolutely wild how a 50hz test tone is silent in this spot. It's just the geometry of the room.

If I move my desk 3 feet back, it's plenty loud... absolutely rattling the walls, but then I'm literally sitting in front of my entryway.

This is obviously very specific case, but not a unique problem. I happen to like sitting next to the window and not in the doorway and I hate not hearing (and ideally feeling) the thud of kick drum.

CleanOutlandishness1 t1_jeg5z9v wrote

The bass amp is an interesting solution lol, my sub is "only" 150w and that's plenty. I imagine it's just out of curiosity and not an intended fix.

Didn't even tought about wavelength, my studio isn't anywhere close to 32 feet but i had a crazy peak in 33hz, i wouldn't know what to make of this. Have you tried moving the amp around ?