Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mistersprinkles1983 OP t1_jefvm8v wrote

Ya definitely don't buy the GW that's just a batshit crazy product. So I take it you're looking for an all-rounder right? Because you only have the Grados now so I'm guessing whatever else you get needs to be well rounded? I really think you should check out the PM3 you know.. The more I think about it I think you're really not going to be disappointed with those and if you factor everything in they're cost effective, punch above their price, and are a really truly decent and very well made headphone. You should listen to them. They scratch that planar itch very well. Inarguably superior to 400SE IMO (at 3x the price mind you)

DJGammaRabbit t1_jefxnqm wrote

My SR80 were stolen from me ten years ago by a drug addict friend from HS. He came in to use the washroom, took a little long and when he left my pills and headphones were gone =(

I used the SR80 for every genre and even tried mixing with them which they were terrible for.

I used to press them to my head to get more bass (I even wore grass cutting ear protection over them to squeeze to my head, my poor elf ears) and when I did they were almost excellent. Whereas other boomy cheap headphones had boominess what they didn't have was control and authority down to 20hz. I want a new headphone to have the same clarity effect where in first listen you're like alright, what the fuuuuck. They sounded like a purity, like hearing an angels voice. Since I've never heard anything as good I look at each other headphone and think they can't be as good unless a higher Grado 😂.

One song that comes to mind is floyds hey you. That guitar intro just rang into my brain with such a metallic, clear and separated twang, I could taste the strings. Really made school bus rides enjoyable. I also lost 135lbs by biking with them. I put toilet paper under the pads to catch the sweat and had the cable stretching out from a backpack. I probably looked like a time-travelling radio operator ghost buster. I'll look at the PM3 but I am kinda sold on Grado already.