Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

andysaurus_rex t1_jdf9cjp wrote

Alright a massage chair is now one of my goals

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdf9r1j wrote

I think I should get an IEM. Hard to rest head with that the massive HD800s on.

Any good IEMs?

andysaurus_rex t1_jdf9yac wrote

There’s plenty of good ones. I’m not really into IEMs though so I couldn’t give a recommendation.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfa4jf wrote

Yeah I’m worried about that feeling its deep in my eardrum.

andysaurus_rex t1_jdfadh4 wrote

If you get some, try foam tips. I feel like the feeling fades away easier when I use them with my AirPod pros.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfak3o wrote

I have airpod 2 already. I heard its as good as wired IEM. I find that hard to believe

yosoysimulacra t1_jdfqc5k wrote

moondrop blessing is the ideal IEM companion to the HD800

francerex t1_jdhas9s wrote

Have been trying a lot of iems lately, u12t, meteor, andromeda, variations, monarch mkii, etc

You are not going to achieve the same soundstage and dynamics you get with over-ears. You get some advantages in imaging and details, the u12t is incredibly resolving, but I don’t find them nearly as comfortable as over-ears.

APP2 are clearly not at the same level as the above listed, but man, they sound really good. The difference is not night and day.

However, they cost at least half of all of themPlus, they are soo comfortable, I forget I have them on. Plus they are wireless. Plus you get amazing noise canceling. Plus you have controls on it. I am fully convinced they are the best cost/value headset out there

The only downside is that they are going to be garbage in a few years.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdhb79s wrote

Tech changes fast anyway. I don’t expect batteries and wireless to be good after 3 years anyway.

francerex t1_jdhc7d1 wrote

I have now read that your limit is 400 dollars . My suggestion to you is to get a pair of 400-500 dollar iem (variations, dunu Sa6 are good ones) that you can return/sell with ease, and a/b them with your app2.

Ps Check this list to help your choiceprecog’s. I agree with most of his grades and grading system. Just be warned that 1-2 grades of difference are not much.

lestrenched t1_jdfmq6r wrote

Elysian Annihilator

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfnpn4 wrote

Three thousand dollars…..

lestrenched t1_jdfpq94 wrote

You asked for "good"

I can give you budget recommendations too: U12T, qdc Anole VX

If you want ultra budget: Sony IER-M9, Elysian GAEA, Softears Twilight

\s

This was in jest. I saw you mentioned a $400 limit for your budget. Why don't you try the Aful performer 5?

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfw0kh wrote

Thx. Will review each one. Seems iems i such a large variety

VeeYarr t1_jdfsuyq wrote

Start with the very affordable KZ ZS10 Pro, if you like those then you can go up in price from there.

SherbetRuler t1_jdh0hxl wrote

If you don't want to use your whole budget right away just to experiment, you could always go with something good but cheap like moondrop aria's. Then you can see if it's what you're looking for, and upgrade after

varzyl t1_jdh0xyp wrote

Letshuoer S12 pro, Etymotic er2xr

Jmo04 t1_jdfb6qd wrote

Budget?

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfbcge wrote

$400. I have airpod pro2 now….something that sounds better with wired.

Jmo04 t1_jdfbwls wrote

Would you be able to splurge a bit for a the dunu sa6? Comfort on that thing is off the charts. Fits super well in most ears. Also what kinda of sound are you looking for. Depending on that, some sets you may be able to find even cheaper that will work for you

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfd7gt wrote

Looks amazing. Reviewing it now. $500. Thanks.

https://headphones.com/products/dunu-sa6

CityQuokka t1_jdftu5g wrote

Dunu SA6s are really good!

I would also recommend Moondrop Variations. They’re on a crazy sale right now on shenzhenaudio.com.

$520 down to $442. There’s a coupon for $5 off so that brings it down to $437. There’s no tax and free shipping. It’s a steal.

JPull07 t1_jdh5ahz wrote

When you say review, are you actually buying them? Or just researching reviews?

LustraFjorden t1_jdgfa4n wrote

Staying within Fiio, I'm happy with my FH7s (similar and more comfortable than the flagship FH9).

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdggefy wrote

Thanks. The reviews for Fh9 are great.

I just wished its like the airpod 3 where it sits outside the ear canal. I don’t want ANC.

LustraFjorden t1_jdgp6el wrote

Once you find good tips, you won't be bothered. I also hated Iems back in the day, but it was just because I wasn't using the right tip size.

For that reason, I would go for FH7s over FH9 (much lighter and 95% of the sound quality).

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdh4vmv wrote

Do these have Transparency mode? Where I can hear my surroundings? I don’t want to go hiking and not hear around me.

I know the bone conduction earbuds can but then sound quality may be bad

lion2018 t1_jdg3j3k wrote

Sennheiser ie600 are around that. Got some on here for around $550. Really enjoying them, and they sound really energetic and fun.

Edit: they are also extremely low profile when in use and super comfortable for most people I've seen.

Degru t1_jdg69jr wrote

I think Moondrop S8's are OK.

npalnpal t1_jdinxo7 wrote

The UM Mest Mk2 can be found used for $600-900 and are amazing. My favorite iem under 1500

B3nesyed t1_jdl1owr wrote

Sennheiser ie600 are very good an extremely comfortable. Probably the best single driver iem out there and honestly a top tier iem bar none.

Tiedyeinstein t1_jdfi9um wrote

>Any good IEMs?

No

−10

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfiytq wrote

Any particular reason?

Tiedyeinstein t1_jdfle7c wrote

They just can't produce the low end right. Jamming a driver down my ear has always freaked me out too.

Edit: I'm also a musician so I use my headphones for referencing my own mixes that's probably why the idea of $500 iems seems so ridiculous to me.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdflkap wrote

Yeah I’m going to have to research this alot. Otherwise i just use airpods.

Honda_TypeR t1_jdindk9 wrote

Until you hear about how common it is for people to become trapped inside them and someone needs to call 911 to come and rescue them out of it.

https://www.insideedition.com/are-massage-chairs-safe-inside-edition-investigates-as-over-2000-er-visits-in-last-decade-involved

It’s crazy how if the chairs air mechanism breaks the airbags inflate and refuse to release the air and your limbs can become fully immobilized so you’re permanently trapped.

Just make sure you always use those things around another person so they can call 911 for you if the chair fails. If you live alone, don’t ever buy one.

206Red t1_jdfkkhx wrote

Do a crossover with the audio signal, use your chair as a subwoofer

IUseWeirdPkmn t1_jdg0ztc wrote

Bro's living my dream setup, house and all.

_FinalPantasy_ t1_jdgezum wrote

The chair placement in this room is horrific.

sustained_vibrations t1_jdfbrvk wrote

The treble can act as your alarm clock haha

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdfcw4c wrote

Im listening to TuneIn now on Pure Ibiza Radio station…..its bassy.

I did replace the oem earpads for leather which is 3mm thicker. Adds to bass.

ol-boy t1_jdgzinq wrote

Wtf.. is your tv square?

likeabrother t1_jdhoqga wrote

I’d like to schedule the 3 pm slot

ZoteTheMitey t1_jdhbxop wrote

We have two of these monsters at work

https://imgur.com/a/IE6pTm2

Just showed up in our warehouse one day as a return and no one ever claimed them

more than $10k a piece

SmartOpinion69 t1_jdg323e wrote

modmic?

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdg36pl wrote

Yep. Antilion. Magnet is affixed by using a lighter to heat up the glue to stick well onto mesh.

Critical_Virus t1_jdgmgm9 wrote

I finally thought I was doing well for myself so I went to a la-z-boy store to replace the 30 year old recliners I got from my grand parents. Looked at that exact recliner to your left. Turns out I don’t make La-z-boy money.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdh4ii7 wrote

I have a bad back. I have to pay more unfortunately if I want to get that air recline effect

ShyRedditFantasy t1_jdhr8da wrote

You mean everyone in the room is about to enter zen.

FakeAdminAccount t1_jdhhg28 wrote

Looks really comfortable, I'd fall asleep so fast haha, have fun dude.

drenon88 t1_jdhrwnm wrote

Four (?) recliners and some sweatpants ... my kind of lifestyle!

eye_gargle t1_jdiapva wrote

Maybe an edible and some hot chocolate to go with it. Bedge.

ExpectedEvent t1_jdipscu wrote

The HD800s name is stupid, why not call it 801 or something, now its confusing as fuck, is it 800, or 800s, or 800S ? Lots of people refer to the 800 as the 800s , just like most people refer to the ananda as the anandas, or sundara as sundaras, or focal clear as focal clears.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdiq3ck wrote

Yep confused too. Even apple does this.

Its airpod pro 2 and theres a totally different one called airpod 3. Rumor is next airpod pro 2 is airpod pro 3

F4x7rZ t1_jdisafd wrote

No offence but massage chair is overrated. If you want to live or play the high life, get a personal massage therapist. A skilled one with proper education wins against any massage chair anytime. OK, I should be honest. I have not used massage chairs for about 20 years, but I doubt they can match an serious professional to date.

samaxe1000 OP t1_jdisl2g wrote

Oh i still go but less frequently. $90 a pop.

But it picks up when i visit Philippines/ Thailand as its $10.

Cyberspace242 t1_jdnhoo2 wrote

Enjoy! Now that's a nice way to spend some time!