Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SiegwardZwiebelbrudi t1_iu0j8kf wrote

Somehow Reddit has a copy/paste bug for several months now, but i wrote a comment touching on most amp qualities, and would only add that something like noise floor will improve and some internal desktop amps have noise issues resulting from current leakage...the rest is mentioned in my comment.

sorry reddit hates me and won´t let me paste it here

−1

[deleted] t1_iu0tveu wrote

[deleted]

SiegwardZwiebelbrudi t1_iu0vb5t wrote

honestly amps don´t actually exist, if you believe a big part of this community (its only a cable that connects input and output and a knob that leads to nowhere)

Jokes aside though, we look at a Headphone from two perspectives, sensitivity and driver resistance, impedance is variable between 130 and 240 Ohm and sensitivity is 246mV for 94db, which is below average.

now for variable impedance headphones you want an amp with low output impedance and that sensitivity will also benefit from an amp.

now to adress that myth, if its loud enough you don´t need an amp, there are factors that are typically forgotten. consumer amps (including whats in your laptop) typically don´t clip, when a song is too demanding (especially concerning low frequencies) instead it just delivers less power...bass is weak.

also you would want a little bass eq with the 560s, where unfortunately those cans already show more distortion than others...having a better amp here won´t hurt.

my last argument is that you achieve basically an end to this stupid discussion with spending 200€. the topping dx3 pro+ will drive any normal headphone perfectly, except fringe cases, like the hifiman he6. This is a 1200€ headphone though, and when you reach that point, well it wouldn´t hurt to reconsider amps as well.

SiegwardZwiebelbrudi t1_iu0uvui wrote

the comment is literally here in the thread, are you telling me you can't find another comment i made here?!

Edit: there are only 26 comments total, i mean seriously...