Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KookDesigns OP t1_iu2wonx wrote

I had to cannibalize my original pads to fit their plastic mounting ring inside the Brainwavz, so I was kinda going all in on this mod, but it paid off. I put a little strip of double sided tape to keep the pads secure, but the tension when the rings snap in feels like it should be enough.

Ive got HD6XX's on the way, any recs on must-do mods?

pejxntan t1_iu3drjk wrote

With the 6XX just plug it in and enjoy some music while the velour pads are still new lmao

Desertshark42 t1_iu339st wrote

So you’d recommend these pads? Did you get them direct from Brainwavs, or did you order through a distributor like Audio46 or Headphonescom, and how long did it take to ship?

Talks_To_Cats t1_iu47qyw wrote

Not OP but I use them on my Sundaras/HD560s, and bought them from Amazon. Can't speak to how they affect the sound really, but they're a lot more comfortable to me. Definitely recommend.

KookDesigns OP t1_iu4swv9 wrote

I got them through Amazon, shipped to the Midwest in under a week, and I would absolutely recommend them.

At the very least, they have not changed the 4xx's sound signature enough to really notice, and at best, it has widened the soundstage and the extra airspace around the driver might have helped the low end establish a bit more body.

Basically, they keep all the good parts of the 4xx sound, and feel far more comfortable to my ears than the stock pads.

I did give the headband a firm bend in the opposite direction for 30 seconds to loosen the clamping pressure a bit, since the Brainwavz take up more space.

Desertshark42 t1_iu6ifve wrote

Appreciate it man, I’m gonna be replacing at the very least the pads on my Sundaras and HE400SE, I want to find ones for my XS but I haven’t found any for those

KookDesigns OP t1_iu6rimv wrote

the hunt for the perfect earpads continues. I know that feeling. Good luck!

PutPineappleOnPizza t1_iu3vy8l wrote

6XX are great stock, every mod or pad swap is optional and I've done both of these things and can savely say that the og experience is great. Laid back sound, very clear, no veil imo and just well rounded for almost any genre. Also super light, non fatiguing and sturdy.