Submitted by BananaMonkey7 t3_yzc6fy in headphones

I have never heard an open earbud that sounded good enough to use. I recently got the koss KSC75 and KPH40, and I think the vidos might actually sound better. Am I crazy? They sound on par to my other budget IEMs.

I also got the Faaeal Iris 2.0, I was expecting this one to sound better but it is actually way worse, which is surprising because some people rate it higher than vidos. It's what I expected a cheap earbud to sound like, muffled and I would never use it over koss or IEMs.

Now I want to buy more earbuds.

In cart: FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200, RY4S, kbear stellar

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ServiceServices t1_iwzjyh6 wrote

People are always sleeping on earbuds. To this day, I still think my venture electronics zen 2.0 is my favorite audio product.

Ausemere t1_iwz52iu wrote

I have a Tingo TC200 I bought years ago. Too much treble for modern music, but it's surprisingly good for competitive FPS. Made me noticeably better in Apex Legends. My mom "borrowed" it forever for voice calls tho. :<

Earbuds are quite good for their low price but I don't like the MX500 shell, and the fact the foams quickly get dirty but aren't easy to clean like over-ear headphones.

Chok3U t1_ix07614 wrote

You're gonna love the stellars and the R4YS.

Thanks for the info on the vido, gonna get a pair soon. Someone told me they're just a less expensive Traceless

By the way, check out the earbud round up thread at head-fi. Those guys are crazy down the earbud rabbit hole. It's where I was recommended my R4YS.

DWW256 t1_ix07h0p wrote

I have heard that the Yincrow X6 is also just a Vido with a better cable, and many regard the X6 as among the best earbuds, period. Or at least that's what I heard a year or so ago.

Chok3U t1_ix08iy2 wrote

That's right, it was the Yincrow that I was told it's like a Vido(or the other way around). I guess Nicehck makes some nice buds too

rhalf t1_ix0ww0y wrote

I've had generic Nicehck with a brown cable that sounded like a dream. Warm and euphonic with some extra top end. The best part of earbuds is that you can swap sponges and get different sound. The ones that I had sounded just right when you punched holes in the middle.

Chok3U t1_ix11xpz wrote

I'm going to have to punch holes in my sponges. I did this to my grado cushions(quarter mod they call it) and it really opened things up.

BananaMonkey7 OP t1_ix0bknq wrote

Which R4YS on aliexpress do I go for? The RY4S-UE version is recommended but I'm not sure which one that is.

Chok3U t1_ix0dsdd wrote

I'm not sure. I was recommended the ry4s plus, so that's what I got. It doesn't come with a cable, so you have to get a cable. Which I got the R4YS and a bad ass cable for $10. These have been my go to ever since I received them. Over all my iem's and bullet styles too.