Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

diollat t1_iwb16h4 wrote

Reply to comment by NotDavidSchweizer in True by Goldeneye07

You, my son a bitch! Take this perfect product which is the same as the first model! The first model was perfect!

Been trying to learn German for a while. Did I translate this correctly?

TheDeadBacon t1_iwb1sd7 wrote

Yeah, you got it basically right! You missed a few of the more specific wording used, but that’s honestly OK and not essential for understanding :-)

If you do a 1 to 1 translation you’d probably end up with “Here, my son of a bitch! Take this perfect product, of course it’s identical to the first model! That’s because the first model has been perfect for the longest time!”

Tricky words here being ‘längst’ and ‘nämlich’ because they don’t have a direct english counterpart. Also keep in mind that the original comment isn’t 100% grammatically correct… Hope you learned something :-)

diollat t1_iwb399p wrote

Yeah that last sentence was tricky. I was not able to translate nämlich and längst cause I wasn't familiar with those words. Vielen dank für die Tipps!

BehaveWithClass t1_iwb1syi wrote

I‘d say you‘re close enough. It‘s definitely not word-by-word identical, but content wise you got it right. Keep it up! (And don‘t take this German too seriously cause it is wrong gramatically)

diollat t1_iwb3cak wrote

Nice, close enough is good for me. Danke für die Antwort!

NotDavidSchweizer t1_iwb3sih wrote

Wait help me out, where did I fuck up?

BehaveWithClass t1_iwb4td0 wrote

"Da mein Hurensohn! Nimm diese perfekte Produkt, natürlich ist es identisch an dem ersten Modell! Das erste Modell war nämlich schon längst perfekt!" Should have been: „Da mein Hurensohn! Nimm dieses perfekte Produkt, natürlich ist es identisch mit dem ersten Modell! Das erste Modell war nämlich schon längst perfekt!"

Only two small errors, hope I could be of help :)