Submitted by SupOrSalad t3_z43t46 in headphones

It's night, listening with my K371 and listening through Alive 2007, and Roule, these albums just take me back and remind me of being a kid without any of life's stress. I used to listen to Alive every day at high-school on my old crappy headphones. I can't imagine how it would have blown my mind in my younger years listening to these songs I love with better equipment

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JamesPond2500 t1_ixp4dgq wrote

Loads of them tbh. The first three Fresh Aire albums by Mannheim Steamroller, Jean-Michel Jarre's Oxygene through Chronologie, pretty much any album by Kraftwerk, and the Selected Ambient Works compilations by Aphex Twin/Richard James. That's only a few of them though.

frobroj t1_ixp5rzz wrote

Top o my list is probably either Unforgettable Fire or Europe 72. Floyd is nice too. Most say dark side which is awesome but I'm one of the freaks that likes Final Cut. Post is a good set it and forget it album as is Hunger and Thirst (the new digital deluxe version).

moodycompany t1_ixp5gkx wrote

Watching Gary Numan live shows from the 80s really puts me in a different world for some reason

bithalver t1_ixpjm6c wrote

I have listened to Vangelis: El Greco more than 1000 times. 'nuff said.

VisceralVoyage420 t1_ixr99rf wrote

I'm all about albums. I have my headphones on 8 hours a day just floating from album to album, always trying to find new music.. chasing the dragon.

Burial for example needs multiple re-listens every year.

Lelouch25 t1_ixp3t0y wrote

Oh heck yeah. Recently went back to Green Day, Evanescene, and Avril Levigne (Let Go 20th Anniversary Album) since I got the 1060C which is a planar tuned for bass.

I finally come to understand the songs meaning, much deeper than when I was a teenager.

thetreelee t1_ixp8k0m wrote

Superheaven- Ours is Chrome

Superheaven- Jar

Webbed Wing- What's so Fucking Funny?

Turnstile- GLOW ON

Fall out Boy- From under the Cork Tree.

Knuckle Puck- Copacetic

Doofindork t1_ixpatqj wrote

Blind Guardians 'A Night at the Opera' is a great album I can sit down and just listen to through and through and do nothing else meanwhile. Few albums do that for me, as I tend to prefer listening to music while gaming or doing chores. Listening to that album with a pair of nice and rather flat pair of headphones that are open back really makes it sound better than back when I listened to it with crappy boomy headphones that I bought for thirty bucks.

PolarBearSequence t1_ixprwrb wrote

Nightfall in Middle-Earth for me :)

A Night at the Opera is great too, though. Both of these albums really sound like a kind of Opera, with how well-connected the songs are.

klogg4 t1_ixqv32k wrote

Man it's interesting how I love Blind Guardian music but always disliked their sound production, both original and remixed. The only time they got me with their production is Imaginations Through the Looking Glass on DVD.

Doofindork t1_ixsldta wrote

I mostly prefer their live albums honestly. My most listened to albums would be A Night at the Opera, followed by Tokyo Tales and their 2003 Live album. They have a good mix of my favorite songs, and on top of that they are just amazing live. Live albums also don't have to have the best mixing either, as long as you get that wide feeling and energy.

MSB3000 t1_ixpsjtb wrote

Are you me? Listened to Alive 2007 yesterday for the same exact reason :)

haziq110 t1_ixpy66q wrote

I put on some of my recently discovered albums on when I just want to de-stress, particularly because I find myself focusing less on the details in these albums and just vibe

James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart

Madeon - Good Faith

VisceralVoyage420 t1_ixr93z1 wrote

The James Blake album sounds really good. I get what you're saying about the vibes.

jamstrummer t1_ixr4fzu wrote

Oingo Boingo - Good For Your Soul

Someone called it Lego Racers music and I'm hooked 🙂

dusty00000 t1_ixr7qsh wrote

Soooo many, but right now:

Built to spill - perfect from now on

Brian eno - another green world

The cure - disintegration

csch1992 t1_ixsg1kr wrote

Hammerfall - Live against the world

one of my all time favorite bands. love them even more after i got my new set of speakers and hifiman sundaras. feels like i am closer to them now

LaTerreEstPlate t1_ixstz8b wrote

10,000 Days and Fear Inocolum by Tool; I can listen to either of those front to back and get entirely immersed in the music.

TheFrator t1_ixt7svb wrote

The disrespect to Aenima and Lateralus! Jk I get it. I cycle between Lateralus and 10000 Days being my favorite album. Right in Two is perfection.

dirtyrabbitmk1 t1_ixpbvyk wrote

Not so much an entire album, but when The Count of Tuscany comes up on my playlist by Dream Theater, I have to stop what I'm doing because the song totally demands attention, all 20 minutes of it. It's a masterpiece and listening to it is an event.

klogg4 t1_ixqved0 wrote

Wow. Black Clouds & Silver Linings is the most pleasing-sounding album by Dream Theater to my ears. And The Count of Tuscany is one of their coolest 20+ min songs.

Kirei13 t1_ixpgwff wrote

Nostalgic songs tend to be the trend but that is highly subjective. I have found that soundtracks (particularly for orchestral renditions) tend to be great for this. Even if you are not familiar with the source material, it can be an enjoyable experience to hear the whole thing from the beginning to the end (as they are usually prepared for a live audience). The effect is stronger if you are familiar with the source material and I do encourage people to look for series that may have an orchestral rendition.

I included an album that is an example of that.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMWQMqE7m7Pqt6e7ptBJcvJL-O67ARZi_

No-Context5479 t1_ixprn2r wrote

Tasha Cobb's Leonard - Heart. Passion. Pursuit.

Arezz1337 t1_ixpxsbk wrote

Extreme Power Metal by DragonForce. I'm very new to metal, but this whole album is straight up insane. The riffs are cold and while the lyrics are kinda odd I still feel them lol.

Skystalker512 t1_ixq7okh wrote

Queen - A Night At The Opera and Black Sabbath- Headless Cross

klogg4 t1_ixqaieb wrote

>K371

Super Eurobeat mixes all the way!!

mindxplorer t1_ixrmhz8 wrote

Conan Mockasin - Forever Dolphin Love;
Radiohead - Amnesiac;
Any album by Morphine;
Nick Drake - Pink Moon OR Five Leaves Left.
To name a few.

PH-GH95610 t1_ixroe4i wrote

Meiko - Plays favorites

Infected-Mushroom t1_ixrvxaz wrote

For me it's Stevie Wonder - Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants and Zbigniew Preisner - Silence, Night and Dreams.

Squid_Man56 t1_ixtg169 wrote

I dissociated to Solar Power by Lorde and Dragon New Warm Mountain by Big Theif almost every night over summer lol. Honestly that feeling of full escape and comfort is a big part of what got me into audio over the past shitty year

bldybstrd t1_iy31sjn wrote

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo

Moloko - Things to Make and Do

Morcheeba - Big Calm

Strunz & Farah - Heat of the Sun

Feeltwood Mac - Rumours

​

There's more but I'm too lazy to type. I listen to music 5-8 hrs a day and usually have at least 1-2 albums I go through in their entirety.

whitechapel6 t1_ixqtqxx wrote

Suicide silence/ the cleansing

Last 3 albums of cattle decapitation