Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

arey510 t1_iye96mi wrote

I have the 560s & the sticker modded 8xx & was A/B’ing then yesterday trying to decide which one to keep.

Comfort wise, 8xx wins hands down. The bigger cups fit around my ears better & have much less clamp than 560s. Also the build feels more premium

Sound: the imaging & soundstage is just plain better on the 8xx. Not by a massive amount but it’s for sure noticeable right away to my ears. The low end on the 8xx is lacking compared to the 560s. I feel like the 560s takes bass EQ much better than the 8xx. Also to my ears the 560’s sounds brighter, not in a bad way at all just overall a tad brighter so up to your preference

I got my 8xx here on avexhcange for $675 so it wasn’t as bad as a new 800s. Also look up the sticker mod, it brings the sound of the 8xx right up to the 800s. There’s one posted on avexchange just this morning actually w a balanced cable even

I decided to keep the 8xx & return my 560s. I really enjoy them but the 8xx just feels like an upgraded version of the 560s, similar strengths just done better