Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

I_Dont_Have_A_Name13 OP t1_ixwgw57 wrote

By muddy I don’t mean that the bass sounds too loud or the treble being too quiet, I mean the mids and the bass sounding weird, but I can’t really describe what it sounds like other then muddy. Thanks for trying to help

shaledecimal t1_ixwzp02 wrote

I would agree with u/SupOrSalad above and say you're probably just not used to the sound then. If they were faulty you might hear buzzing or one side sounding obviously different from the other. HD600 QC is really good to the point both channels are usually very closely matched, so it's highly unlikely you've got a dud pair.

If you're listening on your phone, turning the volume to max and it still sounds too quiet, this is a sign you need an external amp or need to swap them for a different pair which is easier to drive such as the HD58X or HD560S. I listen to my HD6XX from a Pixel 4A which according to a review on a famous audio forum is completely incapable of powering them... well I never need to turn them up to max volume even listening to classical with high dynamic range.

I hope you learn to love these headphones as many others do, then you will be able to keep them as a reference pair for the rest of your life.