Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

youcancallmeBilly OP t1_j24ggv9 wrote

Battery life. Having said that, I really like the way it sounds. But if I leave it sit for a couple of days, I've only got a little under 3 hours of battery life in DAC mode. And since i'm team iOS, I can't charge while using as a DAC. I've updated the firmware and I'm sure that using balanced output isn't helping battery life, either. I've never had 9 hours, as advertised. Mostly, it was 6 or 7-ish. But it's a year old now.

TPNxl t1_j24ith3 wrote

I personally have never gotten over 6 hours, but I use the DAC in LDAC 990kbps mode at manual 16bit 44.1khz exclusively when in wireless mode. Did the balanced cable make a difference to the SE535 sound, other than making them louder?

youcancallmeBilly OP t1_j24l711 wrote

After adjusting the volume, I can't tell any difference between the balanced cable and the balanced cable with a 3.5 adapter.

There's a part of my lizard brain that still gets hung up on the 'louder is better' argument and the BTR5 also has dual DACs for the balanced output, which triggers an idea that they create a wider soundstage with more defined channel separation. But like I said, I can't tell any differences and I'm cognitive of my bias and opinion that I really like the sound of the BTR5.

I've not tried any A/B comparison between the shure MMCX / 3.5mm cable and any aftermarket balanced MMCX / 2.5mm cables.

Captin_Banana t1_j255s1v wrote

I only really use the balanced output on my BTR5 when using headphones which need the extra output. I personally can't tell the difference in quality. It sounds cracking either way.

c0ng0pr0 t1_j27z3it wrote

Sell it & get a Qudelix 5K. You can charge while in DAC mode even with iPhone.