Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

frobroj t1_j1jay4c wrote

Ditto. Mine has been super solid. Little bass heavy but great amp over all! Though recently bought a Burson Soloist 3x thinking "Gonna be diminishing returns..." and immediately after hearing it thought "Must listen to all my music for the first time... Again..." Simply shocked at the level of sound some of my cans are capable of. Especially the Open Alphas I made. Didn't expect them to hold up to and IMO trounce HD800S and OG Clears....

jumboshrimp93 t1_j1m6w04 wrote

Damn, is the Clear really that much better with the Burson? I use mine with the 789, the Burson stuff looks really nice but they are expensive

frobroj t1_j1n5fg0 wrote

it's definitely a much bigger jump than I was expecting! Not sure what kind of magic they are bottling but it's pretty nice. Could just be my expectations were so low that any improvement was a major wow! Was running a 789 prior to the burson. I wouldn't get the Burson for the clears though. I still run my clears on my xduoo ta-26. The clears love tubes. Heard the Rebel is a great solid state amp to pair with em. A bit warmer and more tube like. Got my Burson open box so round 700 ish.. worth it and then some. I use my open alphas on it as well as my hd800s. The clears I run on it from time to time but mainly they stick to tubes.