Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blargh4 t1_j179tre wrote

I’d just dial them out by ear. Headphone treble is tricky to measure, they might not even be where oratory measures them on the artificial ear when on your head. And one of the beauties of EqAPO is how easy it makes hunting down these annoying timbre-ruining peaks by just scanning for them with a notch filter.

dont_drop_dat_phone OP t1_j1c8d5t wrote

I want to, but I just worry, I don't want to mess with the integrity of the intended clarity of the headphone.. which is why I feel ok with using the harman EQ because at least that has been fine tuned

IfTheGloveFits t1_j17jp09 wrote

Every oratory1990 pdf about the eq has a preference parameter section at the bottom right which describes several eq bands you can adjust manually to your liking in equalizerAPO. Check this page for your headphone https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/

dont_drop_dat_phone OP t1_j1c7qzh wrote

Awesome thanks. I was using a blind 10,000hz high shelf at like -9 but knowing that I'm using the recommended high shelves feels better overall now. (Plus the clarity peak at band 9)

Hell_Brigade t1_j17hcut wrote

What are you using to power them? Amp/DAC combo? Amp? Desktop Motherboard audio? Laptop?

Are you using PEACE APO EQ?

Ive had no issues with the X2HR on my Fiio K9 Pro's treble or any of its sound qualities on my Little Dot Mk2 tube amp, or the THX 789 amp I have. I'm running PEACE APO and EQ on Windows 10. Currently my K9 Pro is hooked up via USB.

I did however change out the pads on my X2HR with Dekoni suede pads as they are far superior both in comfort and sound to the OG stock pads. Maybe that has something to do with the fact I've had no treble or other frequency issues?