Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Anonymous-JJ t1_j27ydce wrote

Sweet, great choice aesthetically and almost definitely aurally too (have not heard exact same, but own HD6XX and HD58X and some Topping).

Try to keep your mind happy with the purchase, easily diminishing returns past that point and you can play with EQ should you desire something more (or less).

Btw. clamping force can be reduced at own risk by carefully un-bending the metal parts of the band after extending them fully, instructions online.

beardedtomato971 OP t1_j27z9hc wrote

Thank you, in my opinion it sounds very good, I wasn't wanting to spend so much initially, had my eyes on fiio k5 or ifi zen dac combo, however after listening to the topping decided to go with it.

In terms of keeping happy with it, quite difficult when there's a pair of HD800 to steal every now and then, however with the topping is a bit too harsh for my ears so potentially a blessing in disguise.

I have applied an EQ in roon as that is where most of my listening is done (roon with qobuz)

Regarding clamping force, it is fine now and I'm not brave enough to test that, I have seen others perform with some success, but I'm content at the minute. Thank you for the suggestion though.