Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

owoflux OP t1_j1nyyqw wrote

no what I got was 2.5mm to 3.5mm. In the pic the adapter is still on. Here is it removed https://i.imgur.com/GhiN8Nc.jpg

It’s not an issue I’m just wondering if other people got it like this

−4

llIicit t1_j1nzarr wrote

So you have the 2.5mm that plugs into the headphone, which terminates into a 3.5mm, and has a 6.3mm screw on adapter for other inputs. That’s exactly what you should get.

Are you complaining that you didn’t get the worse 6.3mm cable with a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter, which puts immense stress on more delicate 3.5mm jacks? What is the issue exactly?

BehaveWithClass t1_j1o348z wrote

Dude, he doesn‘t compain at all! He actually said it‘s a nicer cable. All he does is want to share/satisfy his curiosity.

DepressMyCNS t1_j1pvfm0 wrote

It actually is a small issue as 3.5mm can't provide a Balanced connection meaning you can't used a DAC/Amp with truly Balanced outputs, even if you adapt 3.5mm to 4.4mm or 2.5mm its not going to be able to benefit from a Balanced connection because the signal gets converted back to 3.5mm before the signal goes up the cord. I would reccomend buying a replacement 2.5mm to 4.4mm if that's something you care about and your dac offers it. Otherwise the 3.5mm to 6.3 adapter isn't going to make much of a difference because 6.3 connections are rarely if ever Balanced.

So it depends on your situation if that's an issue or not.

G_pea_eS t1_j1qmuxz wrote

The previous cable it came (1/4") with couldn't do balanced either. The OP made a mistake in the title, as the 560S never came with a balanced cable (4.4mm).

I agree with you, though. I used a balanced (2.5mm) cable with my 560S while I owned them.

DepressMyCNS t1_j1rawdt wrote

Ahhh okay, I wasn't sure because my HD800s came with a 4.4mm balanced cable as well as the 1/4 inch cable. So I thought it was possible. They cost like $200 to replace each cable it's nuts. Honestly upgrading to balanced connection can provide a lot more volume depending on the source usually it almost doubles the output.