Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DepressMyCNS t1_j1rv7mn wrote

Well I've never tried the Edition XS but I have used the set they were based off of, the Anandas for a quite a while. I thought they sounded amazing for music and gaming. The sound stage is where they really shine, it almost sounds like you don't even have headphones on, it's more like you're sitting in a room with speakers paced about 5 feet to the sides of you producing not only a spaciousness on the x axis but the y and z as well, basically it adds an incredible 3d realism to everything you listen to. The bass response is really rich and detailed, it can be eq'd to 6+db and still retains detail and doesn't get muddy, mids and vocals are very clear and forward, meanwhile the highs are brilliant and sharp, not as sharp as some sets like the Senhiessser HD800s, but still a brilliant treble range.

I hope this helps you with your decision, I know it's not the exact pair of headphones but they are very similar. Happy holidays!

Sleepless_in_Bristol OP t1_j1siwk2 wrote

Thanks for your thoughts, I keep reading that the XS is "Ananda with bass" like the Dusk is a B2D with bass so I'm hoping there will be similarities with the gentle amount of added bass to an already great device.

DepressMyCNS t1_j1t5nmt wrote

Well the Ananda is no slouch when it comes to Bass, especially with a good EQ. I can't imagine how strong the bass must be if they've added even more lol.