Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SupOrSalad t1_j1ig85r wrote

It's pronounced like shit.

On the company website, this is what they have to say.

Is that really your name?
In case you didn’t get it from typing in the URL, reading the home page, reading the About Us section, and, like, every page of this site, YES, that is our name. And yes, it’s pronounced exactly how you think.

Are you guys for real?
Absolutely. Yeah, our name is an attention-getter, but you’ll quickly find that we’re dead-serious about audio.

klogg4 t1_j1iimky wrote

>It's pronounced like shit.

What a great choice of words lol

JesusInTheButt t1_j1inlug wrote

It really is pronounced like shit.

“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” -Abraham Lincladolf, 1992

daniellearmouth t1_j1im80w wrote

Well, depending on what you think of their products, you might be inclined to say they sound like Schiit.

Basically, don't worry about it; there's a load of names that read or sound like something rude.

FiddyFriday t1_j1jei0y wrote

Dicks sporting goods not even hiding it. They just straight up dicks.

RB181 t1_j1jzvsn wrote

I heard that their products sound fine, but they're built like Schiit.

CPOx t1_j1iwzte wrote

It's pronounced shit.

At the start of the covid pandemic, they even started offering toilet paper with "Schiit" on it as a joke when the toilet paper supply was so low. Looks like they still offer it. https://www.schiit.com/products/toilet-paper

edit to add:

The have a physical location they call the Schittr (shitter). They had a product called the Schiit Eitr (shit eater). They still offer the Schiit Fulla (full of shit). They really lean in on the whole shit thing.

ststairz t1_j1infkg wrote

I read somewhere they named it as a joke. It's actually pronounced "shit".

Steelmaker01 t1_j1impsv wrote

I heard Jason Stoddard (owner) pronounce it several times as “SHIT”

iopjsdqe t1_j1j05li wrote

Im guessing its just pronounced as Shit

subadrews t1_j1ktt6j wrote

Lol they have an amp called the “Fulla” and that’s comedic gold.

senorx12562 t1_j1mep0x wrote

I've seen numerous commentators say something like " I would never buy anything from a company with such a foul, or scatological, or vulgar, (pick your adjective) name," and actually saw one comment saying "...if somebody asked for the company name I'd be too embarrassed to say it," a comment I found too embarrassing for words, but there you go.

therealPaulPlay t1_j1k8ye8 wrote

As a german native speaker I can tell you that Schiit reads like shit. We don’t really have words / names with 2 i‘s though, therefore I can‘t say wether the i is supposed to be a bit stretched

SmartOpinion69 t1_j1kaikt wrote

it's actually pronounced like the word "shit".

KruelKris t1_j1lfp8w wrote

I just wouldn't want to own anything with the name.

TimAndTimi t1_j1ll9s6 wrote

The way you think it is.

lagadu t1_j1mk6h8 wrote

Says so right in their front page:

>Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!"

VijeyKumar t1_j1pilno wrote

It's pronounced exactly how you think it is. Why? Exactly because of why we're talking about it right now. If it weren't so, we wouldn't be talking about their brand name rn to give them free marketing.

SmartOpinion69 t1_j1kak38 wrote

Schiit amps don't sound like shit, but it does smell like shit

−1

Nasa26 t1_j1ij5ke wrote

Shite

−7