Submitted by mikerapegoobies t3_10m6ji2 in headphones

Hello guys, I am looking for a controller that lets me change my PC Audio (default) source from one to another with the click of a button, I have 3 different audio sources (1 Headset, Bed Monitor TV & Speakers) that I use frequently, and I am looking to make switching between them easier.

any suggestions? the only thing I've come across is the stream deck. and I feel like it's too much for this.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

206Red t1_j62d3s3 wrote

What are you using as output for these devices right now?

Windows let you select different outputs with the right-click on the sound icon on the task bar.

It's useful if you have a lot of different audio outputs listed such as USB DACs, HDMI, headphone jack, etc.

mikerapegoobies OP t1_j63wkl2 wrote

my TV is connected via HDMI, Speakers via Bluetooth and gaming headset via 2.4ghz receiver.

I know I can click on the icon and select the audio source, but I want an over desk switch for when I am in full screen apps and easier access.

dezas35 t1_j61mikx wrote

Might not be what you are exactly looking for, but can give it a try

https://soundswitch.aaflalo.me/

I am currently using it to switch between my headphone and speakers with a single hotkey press.

mikerapegoobies OP t1_j63x2bs wrote

Hello there,

actually if I can't find a single device that does the job I am just gonna get a small macro keys deck and use this app to program the hotkeys, it's not what I am looking for but a perfect alternative if I can't find what I want!

I found this and this that might work good with the software.

​

Thanks mate.

frazum t1_j61ucph wrote

1-in to 3-out, right? Usually those kinds of switches are either button push like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Audio-Switcher-Selector-Splitter/dp/B07Q1W4484 or knob like this one: https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Bi-Directional-Channel-Splitter-Selector/dp/B099WMC1DJ, I am currently using both because I use one dac with multiple outputs: hp amp, speaker amp, and tube amp. And I used the other one when I want to compare several cans. I have yet to find one that you can use with remote control. If everything is connected to your pc, then u/dezas35's suggestion is worth looking into.

mikerapegoobies OP t1_j63y3jl wrote

I have my PC connected to Bluetooth speakers, 2,4ghz receiver for my gaming headset, and to my bed monitor (TV) via HDMI.

the Prozo bi-directional selector looks perfect to me! but I am not sure if it works the way I want? do I have to connect my devices straight to it, or does connecting to pc and software programming it solve my case?

u/dezas35 solution could work if I got a macro keyboard and programmed the keys to do the hotkeys I programmed, but a knob is a much simpler choice for me if it works the way I want.

frazum t1_j65hjng wrote

Now that we know how your devices are connected to your pc, you don't need a switch box. Soundswitch will cover your audio output change. HDMI switch is also available for purchase, but I am guessing your pc has multiple video outputs.

If you know a bit of scripting, you might want to look into AutoHotkey which allows you to execute tasks via script by binding them to hotkeys. An example of what you were looking for is found here. Good luck!

mikerapegoobies OP t1_j65nsv6 wrote

The thing is I am trying to fill my desk with stuff as it looks too empty with just my Echo spot and controllers sitting on top of it and this is one of the thing I wanna get for it.

frazum t1_j65qrkn wrote

oh, okay. Then by all means, go ahead and get yourself the macro keyboard and have fun with it.