Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PH-GH95610 t1_j6h48yb wrote

Sorry, butbisnit hard to check what chip it uses on producer page?

hurtyewh t1_j6h4pzq wrote

I think it's Cirrus Logic SG-1🤔

AuralMadeline t1_j6haycv wrote

One of the promo images from Tanchjim shows the chip, and the numbers on the chip can be barely made out in the image. To me, they looked like 338S00140 ACAD1841.

Googling the first number gives a bunch of articles discussing Apple’s lightning adapter, so it might be the same chip. The Apple adapter chip has a different second number, but that second number might just be a number indicating manufacturing run.

In any case, I own this dongle and I quite love it. I haven’t rigorously compared it to the Apple lightning adapter, but it certainly sounds very clean and noise free, and has a suitably low output impedance that works well with my very picky Andromedas. It is a bit physically heavy but the build quality is extremely nice, especially compared to the Apple adapter.

Shamefully, I actually got the Stargate because it looks pretty. It annoyed me to no end that the Apple adapter doesn’t match the silver cable for the Andromedas. If all that is in the Stargate is the same chip in the Apple adapter (which is audibly excellent and measures well) but in a package that’s substantially more robust and less ugly, well that’s great!

Blze001 t1_j6hui8d wrote

Given how vague they are about the exact chip, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer isn't "whichever one was cheapest that run and met listed specs".

Not saying its a bad thing, just speculating. Swapping out "equal performance" parts based on price and/or availability is very common in the electronics world.

DonGately888 t1_j6jwtdj wrote

Are there any really good dongles on Amazon I could buy?