Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Xenonphilius t1_j5vry3r wrote

Exactly. Just get any HD600/650/660s etc and that's good enough.

No need to upgrade any further.

xGuacamolly OP t1_j5w3fso wrote

Depending on how far you are in your journey, after 20 years in this hobby i still roll gear. But the hd600 is so soft, clear, and calm, it checks those criteria of my want list. (I don't like the elevated upper bass/low mids on the hd650)

AnOldMoth t1_j5w7xll wrote

Nah, they are flawed, even after EQ.

HD600 is about the closest, but your can do so much better than the 650/6XX. They have so many problems with their sound.

Sundara with EQ is a much closer "one and done" purchase.

−8

xGuacamolly OP t1_j5wak3x wrote

I've never tried a Sundara, but I'm sure you're right. With the Ananda you know what's the true HiFi sound

herbertwalkerbush69 t1_j615kui wrote

I’ve tried 6XX, Sundara and settled on Anandas for endgame. I find that they are better in every way to the 6XX except for that magic midrange. If I could transplant the warm luscious mids into the Anandas I would never consider buying another pair of cans. I guess that’s the price you pay for better resolution and soundstage.

AnOldMoth t1_j5watyb wrote

It's mostly because they have good extension on both the low and high end, and low distortion overall. So if you get a pair that works (buy Open-Box), you can basically mold them into just about anything you want.