Submitted by bakayoko_aids t3_10nwrxa in headphones

Hi all, about to get the JDS Atom and dac but I am in Canada. Has anyone ordered them from the JDS website to Canada and paid more for Canadian sales tax or duties (i.e. payed more than the grand total on the site)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SupOrSalad t1_j6bcmys wrote

When it was delivered to my door, I did have to pay a bit extra

bakayoko_aids OP t1_j6bcvch wrote

Oh man, do you remember how much it was?

SupOrSalad t1_j6bd2j4 wrote

I can't remember, it was a while ago, but it wasn't too much

bakayoko_aids OP t1_j6bdl2g wrote

Ill assume maybe 20-30, but that shouldn't be too bad I guess, Thanks

Fc-Construct t1_j6bd23v wrote

Probably somewhere around $20-30 if I remember correctly. I think there as a JDS Atom on CanuckAudioMart a while ago. That was a good deal.

bakayoko_aids OP t1_j6bdsmi wrote

Thanks, its either those or the DX3 pros, but they have some QC issues so I will go with the Atoms

JProllz t1_j6bbi5o wrote

I literally am waiting for my Atom Stack to arrive in the mail. I was charged the retail prices in CAD on the site plus applicable sales taxes. What are you concerned about?

bakayoko_aids OP t1_j6bcree wrote

>I was charged the retail prices in CAD on the site plus applicable sales taxes. What are you concerned about?

At checkout the grand total is $109 USD for the dac + $19 USD for shipping but no mention of sales tax or duties. Just wondering if I'll be charged those also after the initial purchase.

Open-Dig2504 t1_j6eqhqs wrote

I bought one a while back. The amp for USD 100 amounted to roughly CAD 180 with exchange rate, shipping and custom duties included.

bakayoko_aids OP t1_j6omlhn wrote

Thanks, that sounds right around where I thought it would be