Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dwn19 t1_ivcfq4e wrote

I mean lets be fair, the Soviets pursuit of Denazification was way more stringent and effective than the Wests, lets not try and pretend otherwise. The East German state was basically build from scratch because of their denazification processes.

−16

[deleted] t1_ivci2uh wrote

[deleted]

dwn19 t1_ivck5tz wrote

I literally have no clue how people like you ever had any kind of discussion. I notice you didn't bring up my omission of the water quality of the Congo in the years 1974-1975 either, silly me for keeping a post about a specific subject and topic and not embracing every part of history in my post.

We are simply talking about Denazification here, not the quality, sustainability or legitimacy of the German States.

−12

[deleted] t1_ivcmroe wrote

[deleted]

dwn19 t1_ivcq790 wrote

I mean if you wanted to make that point just make it man, no reason to beat around it so much. Either way I would simply say the Stasi learning from the Gestapo is no different from the Gestapo learning from the Cheka, who probably learned things from Russian Empire police, who probably learned things from European colonial policing. Secret polices are just a tool of authoritarianism I wouldn't suggest one learning from another is a continuation of persistence of a specific ideology, you could probably trace a lot of the stuff the Gestapo were doing back to revolutionary France.

−7

TheBootyHolePatrol t1_ivclo1m wrote

Can't really say the Soviets at that time were much better than the Nazis. Definitely worse for the Germans than the French were.