Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TinyRandomLady t1_ivcjmfn wrote

Did it cover the murder of Corporal Kunze at Camp Tonkawa in Oklahoma? He had been passing information to the US through the camp doctor, and one day the guy he’s been working with wasn’t there, and he still passed a note to a doctor. That doctor didn’t speak much German and asked another POW what it said, and that gave away the game. Later that night, he was beaten to death by multiple men. Those men were then picked up on based on the fact that they had blood on their uniform no one ever spoke about what happened, and they had a trial and were found guilty and sent to Ft. Leavenworth, and then, as soon as the war was over all of them were hung.

Sun_Devilish t1_ivelwa8 wrote

There was a similar case here in Arizona.

TinyRandomLady t1_iver4kd wrote

Really? I thought there was only one other murder of a POW by POWs and that was in Georgia.

XQJ-37_Agent t1_ivdsdrh wrote

“All of them were hung” hey man, I’m getting a very different mental image than what you intend

−5

phoebsmon t1_ivehcr5 wrote

I know the old saying is that pictures are hung, people are hanged. Suppose really we need a new version. They can be hung or hanged but they're having a drastically different weekend off being publicly hung.

Hookton t1_ivemqm3 wrote

>"Hanged, Ami. Your father was not a tapestry."